Are you seeking a position with a better commute? This commercial property management firm is located in Belmont, CA and is looking for their next Property Accountant. This established firm focuses on the west coast and has a reputation for professional service. Seeking candidates with at least 3 years general ledger accounting property management experience preferred.
- Manage and maintain the books for multiple commercial properties for a growing real estate investment
- Reconcile intercompany accounts with Corporate for payables and equity accounts with ownership.
- Ensure the sub-ledgers reconcile to the general ledger monthly
- Manage the month-end close process for assigned properties. Prepare accruals and reconcile balance sheet accounts including monthly bank reconciliations
- Produce monthly/quarterly financial statements and work with property managers to prepare property management reports and variance analysis
- Prepare quarterly, or as needed cashflow reports for property
- Work with Property Controller on issues related to Tax & Insurance, Loan Administration, and Construction Draws
- Acquisitions & Dispositions: Work with Corporate Controller to prepare proration schedules during sale, post-closing entries and write-off of assets
- Work closely with property managers to prepare property budgets and quarterly reforecasts
- Work with property managers to prepare CAM reconciliations and estimates.
- Review and input lease abstracts prepared by property managers
- Perform and manage day-to-day accounting for assigned properties. Review posted daily cash receipts. Review invoices for proper coding. Reconcile cash accounts on a weekly basis. Review and ensure property expenses are properly recorded in a timely manner
- Monitor tenant AR account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities, and assist Property Manager in identifying collection issues. Assist property managers in researching tenant issues.
- Prepare requests for disposition of security deposits for tenants who have moved out within the required time frame and copies are filed properly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- 3+ years of general ledger accounting, real estate property management accounting preferred
- Understanding of real estate tax issues, a plus.
- Experience with preparation of CAM reconciliations for commercial real estate projects.
- Experience with financial statement variance analysis with narratives
- CPA preferred, not required.