Are you looking for a new position to grow your skills in property accounting? This REIT located in San Diego, CA has been in business for over 50 years and is growing their accounting department. This Staff Accountant will be responsible for accounting for both domestic and international properties and will be responsible for preparing monthly financial reports as well as conducting analysis.
- Complete month-end close procedures and accurately reconcile assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts to meet company’s reporting deadline.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, income and expense accruals, and US/UK GAAP adjustments, such as straight-line rent.
- Reconcile and record monthly mortgage payments, lockboxes and reserves.
- Review and adjust prepaid rents and other receivable accounts.
- Assist with quarterly UK financial reports and supporting schedules for UK Board meetings.
- Assist with annual UK financial statements and disclosures for UK statutory audits.
- Prepare budget vs. actual, actual vs. actual financial variance schedules. Provide explanation of significant fluctuations. Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assist with annual budget and quarterly reforecast process.
- Review property invoice coding for accuracy for the assigned portfolios.
- Work with AP team and other departments to ensure timely payment of vendor invoices.
- Review coding on international wires.
- Assist in audits and analysis of property-level financials, as wells as walk through of internal controls.
- Document accounting procedures and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with an emphasis in accounting, finance or related field. •
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, public accounting experience preferred.
- Real estate industry experience is preferred.
- International accounting experience is preferable.
- Clear understanding of GAAP and lease accounting.
- Must be organized, detailed, flexible, efficient and take ownership of own work product.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with third parties, especially international contacts.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.