Growing asset management firm in Los Angeles, CA is hiring for a Fund Accounting Manager to join their team. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and overall quality of the financial reporting, including audited reports for private funds and related entities. Seeking candidates that are bilingual Spanish, prior experience with Mexico and/or Latin America regulatory environment a plus!
- Handle full-cycle accounting including preparation and analysis of the financial statements, general ledgers, subsidiary ledgers, budgets, and cash-flow projections.
- Oversight of the Trust accounting reporting for Development and Properties to ensure accuracy, and completion on a timely manner.
- Oversee the consolidation of funds and companies through analysis of complex ownership structures to ensure accurate reporting.
- Review all reconciliations and understand all entries and postings to balance sheet and income statement deadlines performed by the Fund Administrator.
- Review Capital call and Distribution allocations and notices prepared by the Fund Administrator.
- Review Fund level financial statements prepared by Fund Administrator, including Management Fee Calculations, Promote and Incentive Fees.
- Gather from fund directors/managers, review and record investment profit and loss, and incentive fees from waterfall calculations.
- Provide accurate and timely financial information to other internal departments and under the specific deadlines.
- Preparation and review of interim and annual financial reporting, including consolidated financial reporting as required under GAAP and IFRS.
- Coordination with the external audit firm with respect to the preparation and issuance of annual audited financial statements and related footnotes
- Provide information for and take part in Q&A for audits and tax preparation.
- Analysis of fund and investment legal agreements and fund structures, including complex co-invest and joint venture structures, and fund and property level debt agreements.
- Provide project management oversight on process/system implementation benefiting the funds being assigned
- Assist in the on-boarding of any third-party providers (i.e.: Fund Admin, Outsourced Accountants, Tax Advisor, Auditor)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Related Field.
- Minimum 6+ years' previous accounting and finance experience, particularly with IFRS.
- Real Estate/private equity experience, particularly fair value fund and/or partnership accounting.
- Big 4 or other Public Accounting Experience
- CPA (preferred).
- Prior experience with Mexico and/or LATAM regulatory environment (preferred).
- Fluent in Spanish
- Excellent Excel skills
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP and IFRS accounting
- Experience in Yardi, MRI, J.D. Edwards or comparable software.