Would you like to work for one of the largest real estate development/management companies in Los Angeles? This company prides themselves on company culture, diversity, and promotes from within. This group is hiring for a Director of Property Accounting to join their Los Angeles team. This position is responsible for overseeing all accounting and financial reporting functions for the real estate assets within the assigned portfolio, including supervision and leadership of staff.
- Oversees preparation of and approves final reporting packages to meet investor requirements on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of all month and quarter end closing processes
- Onboarding of newly acquired assets for setting up of financial reporting-
- Responsible for final review and approval of monthly financial packages to Fund Accounting group(s)
- Establishes and supports standard practices and procedures for all record keeping and reporting to ensure compliance with internal and GAAP standards
- Assist in budget review
- Monitor and ensure proper record keeping for all Capital Expenditures
- Complete and review all CAM and Tax/Insurance reconciliations/estimates.
- Assist in fund and asset level audits as necessary
- Works with Construction Accounting to manage job-costing process
- Acts as point of escalation and support to ensure external departments understand policies and procedures for accounting and are following same.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Related Field
- CPA preferred
- 7+ years’ previous accounting experience property accounting in assigned asset class.
- Demonstrated success in a managerial role
- REIT reporting experience a plus
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge of GAAP accounting.