Commercial Property Manager, great for APM ready to move up!
TORP Group San Ramon, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you ready for the next step in your property management career? This full service real estate company acquires, develops, owns, and operates commercial properties. This group encourages a team oriented culture with generous employee perks and benefits. This Property Manager will manage and oversee operation of commercial real estate properties including lease administration, accounts receivable and payables, property maintenance, contract administration, and other related functions. This person will also be responsible for supervising support staff and third party vendors.
Please note: This position reports to the San Ramon office. However, 85% of the portfolio is located in Hayward, CA.
- Review, maintain and administer lease contracts to ensure tenant obligations to ownership are enforced and ownerships obligations to tenants are met
- Coordinate and supervise all tenant move-in and move-out activity
- Provide quality and timely customer service to property tenants
- Construction Supervision and Management – organize job walks, write contract specifications, obtain required number of bids per job, ensure competitive price received timely completion of capital work, timely turnover of tenant unit, ensure information is properly entered and tracked through the Yardi Construction Module. Work closely with Divisional Accountant and Leasing Directors for entry of accurate information and tracking
- Ensure property is in compliance with governmental guidelines and regulations, file required reports and maintain appropriate documentation
- Review and maintain, as directed, the property operating and maintenance contracts to ensure quality service is provided to the property and tenants, such as property security, janitorial and landscaping services. Ensure vendors are fully qualified and in compliance with ownership requirements. Periodically obtain competitive bids to continuously challenge costs and quality of operating services provided
- Prepare operating financial reports on a monthly basis, or more frequently as needed, with the Senior Property and Portfolio and/or Regional Manager to identify any abnormalities and make recommendations for improving the net operating income and cash flow for each property
- Prepare and review with the Senior Property Manager, Portfolio Manager and/or Regional Manager monthly property status reports, as required.
- Supervise, control, and implement fire and life safety systems, preventative maintenance systems, environmental management systems and energy management programs, as appropriate
- Develop and manage on-going projects to improve tenant relations, public safety, or property image
- Initiate and direct any and all administrative functions related to the managers responsibilities
- Attend seminars, industry meeting (IREM/BOMA) and related organizations to stay aware of current issues affecting local markets and the real estate industry
- Lease administration – review leases for compliance, notification updates, renewals, escalations, late charges, statements and insurance compliance
- Review set-up of new tenants, move-in, and move-out lists. Review new leases for content
- Initiate and attend quarterly safety meetings. Stay abreast of new safety or environmental rules and regulations regarding HVAC, indoor air quality, etc.
- Provide tenants with handbooks regarding life safety issues and building operations
- Review monthly operating statements – look for variances and forward adjustments to Divisional Accountant
- Coordinate retention of outside consulting services and third party vendors such as architects, engineers, contractors, legal counsel, as directed or when appropriate
- Write specifications for property services, such as janitorial contracts, security contracts
- Perform routine site inspections for maintenance needs, safety hazards, tenant abuse of common areas, landscape needs, curb appeal, signage, etc.
- Preparation of operating budgets for properties. Preparation of annual tenant account reconciliations (CAM bill backs and adjustments). Research and review historical information, prior year budgets and initiate any corrections if required. Review annual property tax statements
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of property maintenance, construction, and supervisory experience is required
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience working with the support and leasing teams
- Knowledge and understanding of contracting and tenant improvement process.
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate law finance, accounting practices and procedures
- Computer literate on spreadsheets, word processing, and property management systems
- Experience with managing and maintaining electrical/mechanical and HVAC systems
- Basic understanding of construction methods
- Experience with management of government leases and operations a PLUS
- Competitive salary and bonus (up to 15%)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, including Flexible Spending Accounts for Health & Dependent Care
- 3 Floating Holidays in addition to accrued vacation days
- Accrual of 10 vacation days for the first year and 15 vacations days after 1 year of service
- No cost to employee Life & Disability Insurance with coverage amounts up to 2x annual earnings, inclusive of bonus potential
- 401(k) Company match after 1 year of service
- Opportunity to work for one of the most successful REIT’s in the industry
AddressSan Ramon, CA