Commercial real estate and investment firm located on the San Francisco Penninsula is seeking an AP Accountant to join their team. Great opportunity for candidates looking for a shorter commute outside of the city.
• Responsible for accounts payable and receivables of multiple properties
• Maintains accounts payable workflows by setting up vendors, properties, and expense allocation templates
• Acts as gatekeeper and “go to” A/P specialist for several property teams located in several offices
• Maintains vendors databases, W-9s, and prepares annual information returns (i.e. 1099s, 1096s, etc.) for respective regulatory agencies
• Reviews daily A/P exceptions and routes and approves them as needed
• Process employee expense reports and reviews supporting documents
• Codes or reviews general ledger expense distributions
• Works with property A/P personnel to ensure proper and timely approval of invoices
• Performs weekly check runs and monitors ACH payments as needed
• Manage vendor communication and managing relationships for outsourced functions
• Research and resolve complex past due balances.
• Conduct training sessions for new employees on the use of Avid Exchange as necessary.
• Monitors internal controls, makes recommendations for improvements when necessary.
• Posts daily cash receipts in MRI
• Monitors A/R collections and works with property accountants and property managers to ensure payments collection.
• Records billing adjustments and credits
• Work with property team members and accountants to provide tenant payment history and account status
Responsible for the processing, reviewing, tracking and general ledger posting of
construction costs for multiple projects.
• Communicate with project managers, vendors, and external parties to manage invoice
• Assist with lien waiver maintenance and subcontractor insurance verification.
• Work with Construction Accountants to capitalize completed projects.
• Develop training manual for new employees (construction process)
• Answer inquiries and perform job cost analysis and reporting as needed.
• Provide ad hoc projects as needed
• Degree in accounting or related field, preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in A/P and A/R
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in construction accounting
• Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills
• Reliable, team player, and able to adapt quickly and easily
• Detailed-oriented, excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and ability to prioritize
• Experience with accounting software, preferably MRI and or Avid Exchange
• Proficiency with Excel and MS Word