Platform Services Engineer - Virtual/Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join us in scaling our innovative technology within the Property Technology Industry. If you’re thrilled by the idea of ownership, passionate about creating new platforms, features, and services from scratch and comfortable with the pace of a company shipping software in cycles measured in weeks not years, we would love to connect with you.
We are looking for an engineer working in modern Cloud first environments. As a Platform Services Engineer, you will be responsible for the capacity, availability, performance and security (CAPS) of the cloud-based platform which delivers TOPS services (SaaS) to customers. You’ll assist with leading the methodology, development, automation and documentation of cloud-based services and roadmaps. You will also be integral to the support for all associated technologies, software deployments, CI/CD pipelines, monitoring, alerting, and disaster recovery.
This full-time salaried role has a range of 90-100k. This role is remote eligible, but preference is given to applicants in Knoxville, Tampa and Dallas.
Who will love this job
- A forward-looking attitude that keeps you aware of the latest in DevOps and AWS technologies.
- A penchant for digging deep and attacking difficult and complex problems.
- A curious nature that compels you to find creative approaches to problems where a solution seems elusive.
- A sense of ownership that drives quality in everything you do.
- A deep respect for our customers and their security requirements to keep their data safe.
- Support the development, test, deployment, monitoring and maintenance of TOPS large-scale, distributed platform software
- Participate in the automation, monitoring and maintenance of TOPS’ cloud-native environment
- Develop tools and automated solutions in support of platform services
- Utilize infrastructure as a Code tools, such as Terraform, to automate deployment of cloud-native and scalable Platform Services
- Troubleshoot performance, reliability, and scalability issues.
- Collaborate with application developers in the improvement of developer experience and toolsets.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Maintain and administer data stores ensuring proper backup, replication and failover strategies.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into functional architecture and software designs to solve customers use cases.
- Serve as an advocate of good security practices
Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Life Insurance, Long term disability leave, Flexible work schedule, Paid holidays, Paid time off, Educational Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Referral Program
Our team is changing the face of the HOA Property Technology space as a trusted industry leader for over 30 years. Today, our products enable over 1,500 of the highest-caliber property management companies in the world to grow and protect their organizations. We are a five-time winner of FLCAJ’s Readers Choice Awards for our solutions and support.
As a four-time winner of Tampa Bay’s Top 100 Workplace, our approach to work is proactive, collaborative, and committed. Our team of 140+ are truly passionate about creating a best-run company internally just as we create best-run Property Management Companies for our customers.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, medical (including a $0 option for employees), dental, vision, life and disability coverage, paid weeks’ vacation, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, $1,000 employee referral program and a 401(k) plan. When possible, we also like to offer fun in-person perks like pet-friendly offices, paid food trucks and company outings.
AddressSanta Fe, NM
TechnologyView all jobs at TOPS Software