Are you able to jump on the phone and convince a producer from The Today Show why your client is the next Mark Zuckerberg? Would you love to turn on the TV or walk down the supermarket aisle and hear everyone talking about your creative ad campaign? Would you love to call up a startup CEO to tell her that you've just secured The New York Times placement that will change her life?
If the rock star we just described sounds like you, we would love to have you join us as a PR Account Executive (who we refer to in our company as a "campaign hacker").
We're not like every other agency. We're redefining what PR can be through data-driven earned media placements, viral digital marketing, real-time video production, influencer outreach, and content marketing. We're like the best parts of a PR agency, digital agency, and advertising agency combined into one.
With our story-based, data-driven approach, you'll have the tools to turn share-worthy ideas into viral campaigns, and you'll be given the freedom to try new things. As a crucial member of our Publicity and Account team, you'll interact on a daily basis with both big-name clients and top-tier media outlets. And you'll most certainly build a press contact list that puts publicists at other agencies to shame.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from thousands of media contacts
- Build relationships with media to grow the PR Hacker reporter network
- Schedule and prepare for interviews on behalf of our clients
- A/B test story idea pitches using cutting-edge tools and technology
- Gather media placements and generate quantitative and qualitative reports
- Write interview prep materials, client briefings, and email pitches
- Manage creative digital projects including video production and website development
- Update our clients and exceed expectations to ensure client happiness
- Coordinate campaigns with top bloggers and other key influencers
- Conduct high-energy media training sessions
- Strategize and execute complex PR, social media, and digital marketing campaigns
- Work on “agency council” brand teams with large global ad agencies and digital agencies
- Manage the politics and personalities of working with important executives at big companies
- Use new technology tools that help us scale our client work
Requirements (unless you convince us otherwise):
- 5+ years work experience at a PR, digital, or advertising agency (or else experience “in-house” at a prominent brand, media outlet, or fast-growing startup)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to act as primary agency representative at client meetings and strategically present campaign concepts
- Highly energetic and enthusiastic, with a solid work ethic and pop culture savvy
- A natural inclination to stay connected on email, SMS, phone, and social media
- An amazing ability to stay organized and manage complex projects
- Bachelor's degree or higher
Location and Hours:
- This is a full-time position for those who wish to work remotely
- For remote work, you will occasionally visit our San Francisco office for training sessions.
- Your own personal network of potential media and client contacts
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Experience working on agency teams for large brands with complex marketing campaigns
- Experience writing and publishing content via Wordpress
About PR Hacker:
We’re not a traditional PR firm. We've become the world's fastest-growing PR, social, and digital agency because of our unique story-based and data-driven approach. If you want the feel of a fast-growing startup with the variety of client work that comes from a top agency, then you've come to the right place. At PR Hacker, we're also a close-knit family. Our San Francisco-based team of world-class writers, communicators, storytellers, data wranglers, and viral marketers feels like the early days of Facebook or Google... we're a rocketship taking flight and we'd love to have you join us for the ride.