Our US operation has excellent opportunities for a Field Service Engineer based in the Wisconsin Rapids, WI area. This position is ideal for a self-motivated adventurer, as there will be travel, both domestic and international.
The Automation Field Service Engineer will perform on-site automation installation, service, and repair of complex agricultural sorting equipment, Peeler equipment and will verify and approve the equipment's operational quality.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Install new or modified equipment at customer facilities to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
• Perform all mechanical, electrical, electronic and optical tuning and setup.
• Analyze, evaluate, and diagnose equipment problems independently.
• Conduct customer-training sessions on utilization and basic maintenance of system.
• Service and maintain installed equipment and preventive maintenance visits.
• Manage and control tools, test equipment, technical documentation and other assigned equipment.
• Prepare and submit applicable field service documentation.
• Other duties may include, but are not limited to, instructing/training customers on operation and maintenance of equipment.
• Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work on problems of diverse scope.
• Assist and support customers in a professional manner.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, internal and external associates, and management.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with customers in the English language are necessary.
• Spanish and other languages are a plus.
• Must be able to pass criminal background check.
• Job requires frequent bending, kneeling and standing
• Lifting of up to 80 lbs.
• Working in confined spaces.
• Ability to drive for long distances
• Ability to distinguish between the full range of colors in the color spectrum
• No major food allergies that would impede on the job requirements
• Ability to work in Food processing plants, farms, cold storage facilities, and outside in high/low temperatures
• Experience in field service and customer support.
• Experience in electronic system troubleshooting a plus.
• Working knowledge of basic analog and digital circuits, electrical power circuits, PLC circuits.
• Working knowledge of basic test equipment such as oscilloscopes and voltmeters.
• Knowledge of computer hardware and configurations.
• Basic knowledge of MS Office products; Word, Excel and PPT
• Ability to read schematics
• A Bachelor's degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, mechatronics, sustainable manufacturing, or industrial engineering is preferred.
• Extensive domestic and international travel, with up to 80 %
• Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport.
• Ability to drive without restrictions