- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THIS JOB
Directs the financial accounting functions of the organization including accounting procedures, financial controls and the preparation and analysis of financial results, budgets and project cost reporting. Maintains TNT's relationships with lending institutions and auditors. Responsible for commercial project risk reviews and reviewing contracts. For international projects, responsible to research, develop and implement all the in-country requirements at both early proposal and operating phases. This may include local labor legislation and regulations, finance, accounting and tax requirements, and legal requirements for establishing in-country entities. Must be a business partner to the Managing Director advising on the financial impact of operational decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Work in compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations for TNT.
- Be aware of any health and safety hazards or infractions and report same to Health and Safety Department.
- Provide accurate, timely information on project financial performance and cost analysis, overheads and the financial position of the company and its subsidiaries
- Reporting to Cementation Americas, TNT's direct parent, and Murray and Roberts, TNT's ultimate parent in South Africa
- Ensure payroll, costing, A/R, A/P and all elements of the finance department are working efficiently to provide a valuable and vital product
- Development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization
- Coordinating and dealing with daily interdepartmental issues as they relate to TNT reporting requirements
- Ensuring and coordinating that the responsibilities and functions of the finance group are carried out in accordance with policies and/or established procedures
- Participation in the management group from a financial perspective and providing feedback based on experience, knowledge, and expertise.
- Commercial project risk reviews and reviewing contracts
MAINTAINING OVERALL ACCOUNTING, REPORTING AND SYSTEM STRUCTURES
- Maintains the company's system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets
- Provides direction and assistance regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, implementation of new practices and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources
- Prepares reports that outline the company's financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and future operations incorporating financial ratios
- Understands the intricacies of computer systems, software and the interrelationship with the reporting and financial workflow of the organization to increase the efficiency, accuracy and reliability of the information being provided
- Oversees the implementation of computer software and hardware and provides leadership in the management, design and development of automated financial management systems which support the fiscal and operational functions of the organization
- Providing effective financial controls for the organization
FINANCIAL STATEMENT PREPARATION, REVIEW AND REPORTING
- Coordinates and directs budget and financial forecast variation analysis and maintains other planning and control procedures, including the cost accounting system & workflow
- Coordinates financial statements, annual financial reports, audit activities and other information reports and requests, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial reporting
- Support and develop interdepartmental communication to help facilitate the reporting and transfer of related financial information
- Evaluates and recommends insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities
- Prepares and provides related information on policy renewals and reconciliations
CASH FLOW - A/R, A/P, CAPITAL, BUDGETS
- Monitors A/P and A/P activity and cash flows
- Monitors capital expenditures and ensures corporate capitalization policies are being followed
- Advises on depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items
AUDITS AND TAXES
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with all federal, state and local corporate, payroll and other applicable taxes
- Facilitate audit and address and provide information as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES - DIRECT AND MANAGE PERSONNEL IN THE FINANCE DEPARTMENT
- Responsible to hire and ensure orientation and integration of personnel
- Organize, delegate, coach and monitor the quality of their work
- Deal with performance issues and resolve problems
- Develop and optimize the potential of personnel to the highest level of skill necessary to meet company needs and objectives as well as evaluating their performance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant post-secondary diploma and/or degree
- Professional Accounting Certification (CPA, CFA, CMA, etc.)
- Full knowledge of the accounting cycle
- Financial reporting, cash management and budgeting
- Experience in commercial risk reviews and contracts
- Experience in the mine/construction contracting industry desired
- Experience in auditing, financial statement preparation, corporate tax, and international taxes
- Industry accounting conventions and an understanding of costing requirements
- Member of corresponding accounting association
- Construction accounting software, preferably J.D. Edwards
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Requires an agreeable personality with a strong sense of being part of a team
- Must possess a professional manner in both written and verbal communication
- Efficient multitasking abilities
- Able to effectively prioritize workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- This position requires sometimes frequent travel.
Supporting a Diverse and Inclusive Workforce
At Cementation Americas, we believe in diversity and inclusion. We recognize the benefits of a diverse and inclusive workforce and we strive to provide a work environment that is respectful to all employees. One of our core values as a company is giving employees every opportunity to succeed - this starts with treating everyone with dignity and respect and valuing the unique contribution of every employee.
We encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds and candidates for employment will be assessed in a non-discriminatory manner. In addition to career development training, all employees are provided with diversity and inclusion training. As a team, we will continue to grow and learn together.
We offer a competitive compensation package for our employees, including a generous group benefits plan, and we are committed to providing training and development for all employees.
Cementation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at TNT, Inc.