- Posted: over a month ago
TnDA Technologies, Inc (DBA Hartwood Consulting Group) is a Small Business Administration (SBA)-certified 8(a) and Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB/VOSB)), founded in 2007. Our mission is to facilitate solution-oriented services to help our customers architect the change they need, to reach organizational efficacy and to maintain efficiency. Our business culture is driven by quality performance, a collaborative and supportive environment where proven processes and performance-based initiatives are designed to meet client requirements and exceed expectations. Our clients achieve optimized service integration with our new processes, innovative concepts, and tools. We offer service capabilities for: SharePoint Development, Microsoft Power Business Intelligence, Help Desk/Service Center Support, Records Management, Task Management, Cybersecurity, Strategic Communications, Training, Technical Writing, Knowledge and Organizational Change Management, Process Definition and Reengineering.
Employees are provided a competitive compensation structure and bonus plan, along with a benefits package that includes a company 401(k) match plan and company contributions to medical, health savings accounts, life and disability insurance plans.
Hartwood is seeking to fill two (2) full-time, exempt positions as a Senior Database Architect (Sr. DBA)/ Team Lead (TL) and a Junior Database Architect (Jr. DBA) to support the Commander, Operational, Test and Evaluation Force (COMOPTEVFOR) 01B Division Technical Point of Contact (TPOC) in Norfolk, VA. The candidates will provide technical, analytical, and training support, maintenance of current client databases to include, develop and implement process improvement, documentation review, and end user training. The positions will require the maintenance and update of Microsoft Query Language (SQL) databases and servers, while providing formal and ad-hoc training to operational testers on system use.
Work will primarily be performed on the customer’s site, Monday – Friday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the operation and assist in system maintenance on classified and unclassified networks (SQL and Windows servers).
- Manage and administer multiple network servers in support of all Command operational test programs, to include the installation, configuration and upgrade of the Microsoft SQL server and Internet Server (IIS) software.
- Evaluate databases for technical clarity, formatting, and compliance with current policies and guidance from DoD, Navy and COMOPTEVFOR.
- Ensure system capability to capture needed information to assist in the development of operational test documentation.
- Conduct background research and provide analytical support and recommendations for the development of changes, Test Planning, Test Execution, Test Data Evaluation, and Test Reporting.
- Conduct impact analysis of deficiencies and report their existence and implications. Submit change requirements with implementation recommendations.
- Perform updates, based on changes required to maintain the system. Updates include software fixes and enhancements to support operations based on documented changes.
- Perform database queries and generate standardized and ad-hoc reports. Ad-hoc reports includes SQL queries or formatted. MS Office products.
- Secure application and database servers using Secure Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) provided by. Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). Work with COTF ISSM and ISSO as part of the Command Information Office (CIO) Cybersecurity team in preparation for all security inspections and Assessment and Authorization (A&A).
- Execute performance data analysis, identify problems, recommend solutions, and implement changes to the infrastructure, as required.
- Maintain a graphic user interface application that facilitates the development of products for IEFs, test plans, and test reports per command policies and procedures.
- Maintain a MS SQL database repository and accompanying application on the OPTEVFOR classified and unclassified networks for the elements of the Mission Based Test Design (MBTD)/OT formatted per OPTEVFOR instruction, guidance, and policy.
- Provide technical support database input/output and interface management between the Mission Based Test and Evaluation System (MBTES), other databases and systems such as, TEPS, or its replacement, SysML, JUPITER/ADVANA, Navy LIFT, iTRACK, and iTEST.
- Develop user training (as required), modify existing, and maintain configuration control of user training materials (i.e., training aids, software, and reference textbooks). Training topics consist of database interfacing during the MBTD process and IEF development, as well as how to use the MBTES to support Test Planning, Test Execution, Test Data Evaluation, and Test Reporting as per COMOPTEVFOR INST 3980.2 (series).
- Provide training on system upgrades for post development and maintenance activities, PowerPoint briefs and conduct group exercises in a formal classroom setting; administered on site or other locations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must have and maintain an active DoD Security Clearance (Secret).
- Sr. DBA Team Lead a minimum of 6 years’ experience and Jr. DBA a minimum of 3 years’ experience developing SQL databases and associated SQL queries and reports and an understanding of MBTD, /Test Planning and PTIP processes.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Cybersecurity Workforce, para 3.b.(4).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience providing stellar customer service; demonstrating professionalism, patience, empathy, and the ability to identify areas of need and provide solutions.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience designing and delivering training, user aides, videos/tutorials, and end user guides.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle "Waterfall” and “Agile” Methodologies and a clear understanding of how it relates to OPTEVFOR processes and procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience and knowledge of MBTD systems and the demonstrated ability of recommending design modifications based on the study of current practices.
- Demonstrated experience in document-writing using knowledge of System Engineering principles; ability to write system improvements into producers.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience providing training on US Navy Operational test processes and policy in a classroom setting.
- Experience administering and maintaining MS Windows network servers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload based on the needs of the client.
- Excellent written, editing, and oral communication skills (to include speaking virtually and in public arenas).
- Must be able to travel when required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Current Cyber Security Workforce (CSWF) certification.
- One or more of the following: Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC), or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP).
- Appropriate Operating System/Computing Environment (OS/CE) certificate of training for cyber security technical positions; Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure.
- On government worksite with normal office demands; sitting for periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
TNDA Technologies Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at TNDA Technologies Inc.