TMD Holdings, located in Pittsburgh PA, is expanding and looking for a Director of Sales & Business Development to lead and train our sales team. We are a custom manufacturer of consumer goods, industrial supplies, and other retail products. The ideal candidate will have the energy and drive to take our sales team to the next level and will have experience in table top or giftware . We are looking for a leader with a true “hunter” mentality! Someone who has high energy and who will be a leader and trainer of others in sales development.
· Develops and implements strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
· Works with COO to develop and manage sales/marketing operating budgets.
· Contact decision makers and set appointments to develop new business. Responsible for developing a pipeline of new business through continuous prospecting and networking and creating their own book of business.
· Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
· Responsible for defining and coordinating sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
· Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
· Oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
· Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
· Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
· Maintains awareness of trends, fads and other activities affecting our products.
· Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
· Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
· Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
· Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
· Researches and develops strategic plans for any and all licensing opportunities including but not limited to; potential retailers, product and category placement.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
· Understanding of company manufacturing capabilities.
· Involved in the recruiting and interviewing process.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Management or Business
· 7-10 years in a managerial/director role
· Previous experience creating, monitoring, and leading a sales training program
· Experience in product development desired
- Previous experience with retail managing more than $50M, experience as DMM, GMM, and/or has experience on the buying side
· Proficient use of Excel
· Must be extremely effective at initiating high-level contacts in accounts and have strong presentation skills to close the sale.
· Previous experience developing relationships with and making presentations to C-Level Executives
· Excellent analytical skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Entrepreneurial-oriented philosophy
· True “hunter” mentality for driving sales
· Persuasive and goal-oriented. Possesses an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
· Adaptable / Flexible
· Attention to time sensitive deadlines
· Team work orientation
· Negotiation skills
Compensation : $75K - $125K DOE - strong commission based wage structure - opportunities are endless
Benefits and Perks:
- Fully paid Medical Benefit Package – Individual coverage 100% paid by Company !
- Company Paid HRA
- Generous PTO /Vacation Schedule
- Pet Friendly Environment
With owned factories in China and a global presence in offices, showrooms, and warehousing; TMD Holdings is able to meet and exceed the expectations presented in today's fast paced, ever changing marketplace with 360 degree solutions. In addition; TMD Holdings offers a creative in-house design team and global supply chain expertise. TMD Holdings maintains social compliance, consumer safety, and quality standards. Our customers can be assured that all TMD Holdings Products are tested during the development process at independent third party laboratories.