Construction Site Superintendent
TM Source Building Group, Inc. Fort Worth, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Site Superintendent is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the work of subcontractors and/or Source Building Group trade labor. The Site Superintendent is responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to budget of the project. The Site Superintendent has supervisory responsibility for Field Engineers, Interns and trade labor in his/her area of responsibility.
Reports to: Project Superintendent, General Superintendent, Project Manager or Project Executive and Source Building Group, Inc. Owner
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Overseeing work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operation. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with Source Building Group standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Supervising and developing Field Engineers and/or interns, as assigned, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Creating schedules and determining sequencing of work. Developing and implementing recovery strategies to maintain project schedule.
- Communicating with owners and architects/engineers in connection with field issues. Investigating and resolving such issues.
- Participating in the subcontractor and Source Building Group billing process as it relates to work in place and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Managing the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
- Participate in pre-construction activities such as; Bidding and Estimating, Constructability Reviews and Promoting project opportunities to subcontractors
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of Three (3) years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Knowledge of building construction, means and methods, scheduling, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- K-12 Commercial Construction Experience Needed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight.
TM Source Building Group, Inc.
A full-service construction management at risk and general contracting company with headquarters in Fort Worth, focused on quality, safety and sustainable construction methods that impact the environment in the most positive way. Market Segment Focus: Commercial construction management/general contracting in the following markets: Education, Healthcare, Aviation, Municipal and Select Private projects. sourcebuild.net
5601 Bridge StreetFort Worth, TX