Special Education Teacher, Excel Program
- Posted: over a month ago
The Katherine Thomas High School Program in Rockville, MD, services students with language and learning disabilities, intellectual disabilities, and sensory motor disabilities, moderate to high functioning autism, and/or other health impairments. Our school has an opening for the 2022/2023 school year for a special education teacher position in the specialized 'EXCEL' program. EXCEL is an 11-month High School program for students who display significant challenges in perspective-taking, engagement, attention, regulation, group process and social interactions that require more intensive support to succeed academically and socially. This is an 11-month position starting with the current school year. Working Hours: 7:30-3:15.
Responsibilities of the teacher include:
- Develop instruction in academic and independent living skills following the Maryland and other funding source requirements
- Providing necessary accommodations to meet individual, group, and program needs
- Meet individual student's needs by analyzing the student's developmental profile in order to be an expert at modifying grade level curriculum for all students
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Write and implement IEPs/Behavioral Plans
- Create a supportive learning environment
- Create partnerships with parents and the school community
- Supervise teacher assistant(s)
- Work collaboratively with team members,
- Utilize technology devices to assist students in accessing grade level curriculum
Requirements of the Special Education Teacher:
- Bachelors Degree in Special Education or related area
- Maryland Special Education Teaching Certificate in Special Education (grades 6-adult) or ability to earn this certificate
- Experience with students on the Autism spectrum preferred
As a condition of employment, all new hires are required to have received at least the first dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. New hires must receive any additional vaccine doses in the appropriate timeframes to be considered fully vaccinated and submit weekly test results until they are fully vaccinated. Requests for religious or medical exemptions will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Join a great team of professionals in a supportive work environment!
A competitive salary and benefits package that includes a signing bonus, health, dental, retirement, vacation, sick and holiday pay is provided for the Special Education Teacher.
TLC - The Treatment and Learning Centers, Inc.
EducationView all jobs at TLC - The Treatment and Learning Centers, Inc.