Community Resource Advocate II/Case Manager
TLC - The Treatment & Learning Centers, Inc. Rockville, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you enjoy working with adults with special needs, this may be the opportunity you have been seeking.
TLC is seeking a Community Resource Advocate II/Case Manager. This position is responsible for providing job development, job placement and job coaching to consumers who are enrolled in the Supported Employment/Day Program. In addition, the Community Resource Advocate II may provide Job Coaching services to individuals enrolled in DORS-funded programs as assigned by the DDA Team Coordinator and in conjunction with the Assistant Director of the Outcomes Services. This position also provides support services to assigned consumers in the Individual Support Services program and the Community Supported Living Arrangements program. Please include a cover letter with your application.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation, Psychology, Special Education, or closely related field
- Six months experience as a Job Coach or similar position, preferably working with individuals with brain injury, neurological impairments, and developmental disabilities- Direct work experience may be substituted for educational requirements
- Must have a car, maintain a valid driver’s license, and an acceptable driving record
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to demonstrate and apply knowledge about disabilities, including disability and privacy laws
- Ability to communicate effectively with consumers and staff, exhibit effective customer service skills, promote consumer self-advocacy skills and counseling skills
- Ability to provide well-written and comprehensive documentation
- Must be highly organized and to able to demonstrate effective time management skills
- Must be able to work with a team and support team members