Evolutions is Hiring a DIRECTOR OF NURSING for our new Detox Facility
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Nursing Director oversees the day to day operations of the Nursing Department and staff to assure delivery of quality nursing care and treatment for all patients in the area of chemical dependency, psychiatric and medical issues. Monitors the effectiveness of staff assessment, evaluation and implementation of the standards of nursing practice.
• EDUCATION: RN graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
• EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a healthcare organization, to include demonstrated leadership. o Five (5) years’ experience in nursing field with emphasis in psychiatric, substance abuse, or eating disorders.
• LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Florida which is active and in good standing.
• Holds current CPR certification.
• Defines and maintains the standards of nursing practices within the facility
• Directly supervises the Nurses and BHTs.
• Assesses the quality of care rendered. • Initiates the development of policies and procedures that govern nursing services. Ensures that nursing policies and procedures are current and reflect the ever-changing standards established by regulatory agencies.
• Responsible for staff performance, staff recruitment, staff retention and staff development for all nursing department personnel.
• Collaborates with other departments and agencies regarding resources and services for improved patient care and staff development.
• Serves as a key member of the facility’s core management team and ensures effective integration or nursing services into overall treatment center operations.
• Oversees nursing staffing levels within the facilities on all shifts to ensure quality patient care.
• Serves as Infection Control Nurse. Collaborates with all disciplines and departments to incorporate infection control policies and procedures in order to provide a safe environment for patients and personnel. Reports infections and/or communicable diseases to the appropriate public health authority. Provides infection control education for all employees.
• Follows all DEA regulations in the area of doctor specific subutex and suboxone and assures the accuracy of all related documentation.
• Completes Performance Improvement (PI) activities monthly.
• Upon hire and annually, assures that all nursing staff competencies are current in the areas of PPD’s, glucose monitoring and emergency equipment.
• Participates in all facility committee meetings as required.
• Keeps knowledgeable of nursing care issues, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.