This individual is responsible for a variety of tasks involving retrieving, sorting, storing and sending medical records.
Requests medical records and/or documents;
- Retrieves medical records from patient secure portals, facsimile and postal services.
- Responds to records requests and subpoenas for records in a timely fashion.
- Delivers quality Customer Service from initial request for records until completion of end product.
- Follows appropriate secure methods for sending out medical records to requestors.
- Adheres to company protocols and jurisdictional regulations including; logging, processing and progress of inquiries.
- Verifies workflow functions to ensure tasks are being completed.
- Contacts appropriate agencies for the purpose of verifying information.
- Communicates immediately with the Office Manager with regard to any major discrepancies within records. First point of contact in identifying documentation issues / trends to Manager.
- Operates company software and equipment proficiently.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Confirms and revises patient demographics and insurance as necessary by visiting patient rooms or contacting the patient directly if needed.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and Adobe, possess working knowledge of general office equipment.
- Excellent communication skills-verbal and written.
- Ability to accept and apply constructive feedback.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task without compromising attention to detail.
- Meets specific department metrics.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions while adhering to prescribed departmental routines.
- Proficiency with imaging/scanning documents.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion as a general rule.
- Keeps Office Manager apprised of billing and operational issues requiring immediate intervention.
- Works effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Interacts professionally with other employees as well as clients.
- Has a clear and concise understanding, and adheres to, guidelines as they relate to HIPAA, Conflict of Interest, and Ethics.
TLC Chiropractic is an equal opportunity, at-will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.