Designer - Electrical Engineering (Network)
TKDA Saint Paul, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you enjoy developing electrical and communications networking systems and understand what needs to be considered when establishing network infrastructure, then we have an exciting and unique opportunity available for you to join our team at our MSP airport field office in Bloomington, MN!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside Electrical and Aviation professionals to assist in the design and management of large and complex network infrastructure systems for airports. You will manage and monitor network databases consisting of thousands of fibers to ensure the most efficient allocation and routing of network infrastructure. You will also monitor system capacity and utilization, forecast demand, perform inspections and verifications of infrastructure (before, during, and after construction), and provide recommendations on system maintenance, upgrades, and expansion. You will manage a number of network infrastructure projects and develop plans, specifications, cost estimates, and installation/maintenance schedules that correspond with construction schedules.
In addition to designing and developing network infrastructure, you will also assist with the development and design of airfield electrical systems and building electrical systems for a number of unique projects, which will provide you with opportunities that include variety and challenging responsibilities.
Note: To be considered for this position and to perform the assigned responsibilities, the selected candidate must complete and pass all background and security requests required by state and/or federal agencies responsible for aviation operations as a condition of employment.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on Electronics, Computer Science, or Communications/Network Systems – OR - Associate Degree or in Electrical System Design, Electrical Technology, Engineering CAD Technology, or related field – OR – BICSI RCDD certification.
- 1-5 years of professional experience designing network infrastructure projects (fiber optic cabling, wireless networks, and network design).
- Strong working knowledge of modern data-communications networking standards associated with Ethernet, wireless, and serial communications.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, SQL/Access, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to write specifications and reports, participate in/lead project team meeting discussions, and engage with contractor and client representatives.
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to handle multiple projects and manage information from multiple sources; Ability to prioritize tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 15%) for team meetings, client consultations, site inspections / visits, etc.; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Previous experience designing low/medium voltage systems (power, grounding, lighting, and communications) and associated one-lines & schematics/wiring diagrams for airfield electrical systems or building electrical systems.
- Previous experience as database developer/administrator. Good knowledge of database backup and recovery, export/import, tools and techniques.
- Previous experience designing communication systems i.e. fire alarm, access control, CCTV, and building automation.
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC), load calculations, short circuit calculations, and circuit schedules
- Familiarity with photometric calculation and arc flash software.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply online today to join our team!
AddressSaint Paul, MN
ConstructionView all jobs at TKDA