Construction Specialist - Airfield Radio Car Operator
- Posted: over a month ago
Our team has an extensive history providing engineering and planning services to the Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC) at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP). For decades, we have been involved in the rehabilitation and construction of a wide range of projects at MSP including runways, taxiways, aprons, utilities, and roadways as well as NAVAIDS, fueling facilities, and security enhancements.
In preparation for the 2023 construction season, we have a unique and exciting opportunity available for an Airfield Construction Radio Car Operator! As a member of our team, you would be responsible for monitoring vehicular activity and providing vehicle escorts for those needing access to the airfield during construction operations, scheduled maintenance activities, and material deliveries. You will also be responsible for coordinating movement and closure activities with air traffic control, contractors, and airport tenants and monitoring construction and airfield operations for security purposes and compliance with construction safety plans. On occasion, you will provide assistance with inspections of runways, taxiways, lighting, perimeter security, and safety areas. In the event of severe weather or potential airport emergencies (accidents, security threats, or hazardous spills), you will provide assistance to airport security and airport emergency services.
Since this is a seasonal opportunity, we are looking for candidates who are interested in working during the peak construction season from April through November for approximately 40-50 hours per week. Candidates must have flexibility to work day and evening shifts along with occasional weekends and holidays.
Note: To be considered for this position and to perform the assigned responsibilities, the selected candidate must complete and pass all background and security requests required by state and/or federal agencies responsible for aviation operations as a condition of employment.
- Ten or more years of experience in law enforcement, security operations, or emergency response management.
- Ability to react rationally and maintain emotional stability and self-control under high stress situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to participate in and lead coordination discussions in advance of and during construction operations as well as during construction progress meetings and observations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record; Ability to obtain airfield driving privileges within thirty (30) days of employment.
- Associate degree in Law Enforcement, or related field.
- Previous experience or familiarity with airport operations or airfield construction activities.
AddressSaint Paul, MN
TravelView all jobs at TKDA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?