Here at TISTA Science and Technology we value our Veterans and encourage all to apply!
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join the VA's Digital Services team for the Appeals Modernization project. The team is seen as a startup within the VA to help modernize the aging infrastructure and applications that power the Benefits Appeals process. This is one of the first teams within the VA spearheading AWS Cloud infrastructure and using modern development technologies and methods.
- Manage our sprint process, estimate our efforts, triage incidents, manage expectations, and communicate progress
- Work with Developers and UX Designers to deliver a product that solves the critical business problems and delights end-users.
- Guide and support the project team during development to ensure that business goals are achieved.
- Drive continual product improvements based on ongoing customer research and usability studies.
- Prioritize a product backlog based upon business impact and effort; help make resource tradeoff decisions as needed.
- Proactively build relationships with stakeholders
- Understand the team’s objectives, systems, and capabilities in order to make decisions about project priorities and to help resolve issues
- Coordinate multiple contractor teams to bring alignment to large ecosystems and create holistic success for everyone
- Accurately report risks, successes, progress, and failures
- Manage the team’s velocity and continually improve our processes for organizing ourselves and our work
- Demonstrate a passion for learning, embrace change, and ask insightful questions particularly about business needs and IT capabilities
- 5 years in Product Management, Engineering or Product Marketing
- Experience with managing milestones, dependencies, complex integrations, communications, and stakeholder expectations
- Experience using agile frameworks like lean, scrum, TDD, Less, and SAFE and familiarity with agile development practices such as continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Proficient at technical business writing, including functional requirement specifications, workflows, use-cases and other documentation methodologies
- Subject matter expertise in one or more areas of the DevOps pipeline, cloud, operations, and/or infrastructure/environment management
- Ability to communicate clearly and increase transparency, with a strong competency in situational awareness and conflict resolution
- Ability to grow and nurture existing a new client relationships to help drive prioritization across multiple projects and create ecosystems of success
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to use sound judgment when resolving complex problems
- Well organized, thorough, and able to handle competing priorities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other related discipline.
- Washington, DC
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.