Software Test Engineer
TIP Technologies Waukegan, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TIP Technologies, Inc. has an immediate opening for a full-time Software Test Engineer. This individual will be responsible for the testing of our TIPQA™ Enterprise Quality Assurance software to ensure that our software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements.
- Engage in the manual testing of the TIPQA™ software product.
- Ensure that testing is thorough and rigorous and is accomplished with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Perform duties, as defined below, to validate performance and coded-to-design specifications.
- Develop and execute manual test plans and manual test cases based on functional specifications.
- Develop and execute regression testing, stress and load testing of the application.
- Document, troubleshoot, and isolate problems encountered during testing.
- Work with members of the application development, product management, support, and QA teams to ensure high-quality applications.
- Enter and verify issues in the Defect Tracking system
- Suggest improvements with the testing life-cycle.
- Document evolution of testing scripts for future replication.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to enhance the effectiveness of quality assurance strategies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 2+ years experience in manual software testing, or quality assurance of software applications.
- 2+ years experience developing test plans/strategies, test cases, and test scripts and traceability process of requirements to test cases.
- Experience planning and estimating testing duration and effort.
- Experience with database verification testing.
- Knowledge and experience with QMS/ERP/MRP systems desired.
- Knowledge and experience with ERP interface (Oracle, SAP, etc.) desired.
- Load and stress testing experience desired.
- Customer Support experience a plus.
Requirements and Competencies
- Must have a working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies.
- Have a proven track record on the ability to quickly gain detailed understanding of complex applications and their designs.
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and thrive on technical challenges.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrates good problem-solving skills in a software test environment.
- Capable of establishing goals and priorities with an ability to multi-task.
- Self starter who can handle a high stress fast paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to establish priorities and multitask.
· Dedication to going above and beyond during critical test situations.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States.
This is a fulltime Salaried Exempt position, with the expectation of 45+ hours per week.
TIP Technologies offers a casual and flexible work environment, with exceptional pay and benefits.
Visit www.tiptech.com for more information about TIP Technologies, Inc.
TIP TechnologiesWhy Work Here?
Competitive Pay, Independent Work, and True Opportunity to have a Successful Career
TIP Technologies, Inc., based in Waukesha, WI is the world leader in providing Enterprise Quality and Mission Assurance Software. Our Quality Management System (QMS) software offering, TIPQA , is implemented at 9 of the Top 10 US Aerospace and Defense companies, and is specifically designed for the quality requirements of Aerospace, Defense, Medical Devices, and other highly complex manufacturers and regulated industries where quality is mission critical. TIP Technologies offers a casual and flexible work environment, with exceptional pay and benefits. Visit www.tiptech.com for more information about TIP Technologies, Inc.