Happy workplaces accomplish amazing things.
TINYpulse makes truly unique software tools for businesses that treasure their most valued resource — their people. We believe happier employees result in stronger companies! We are seeking employees that are inspired by our goal to transform the manager-employee feedback loop. Together we make stronger cultures, and we do it all in a dog-friendly and fun atmosphere!
Over 1,000 companies from around the globe use TINYpulse to engage and develop high-performing teams, including Xbox, Red Sox, Stitch Fix, HubSpot, Capital One, and Brooks Sports. We are also committed to giving back by donating 1% of our time to our local community, 1% of our product to non-profits, and 1% of our profits to non-profit organizations.
We're looking for a Staff Accountant to join our finance team in Seattle. As a Staff Accountant, you’ll be responsible for utilizing your hands-on accounting experience and in-depth understanding of accounting principles and company practices to perform complex accounting activities and financial analyses. While this role will heavily focus on A/R responsibilities initially, the role will evolve, adding additional accounting and financial initiatives. Review the job responsibilities and candidate characteristics below, and if this sounds like you, be sure to apply! We look forward to hearing from you and learning more about your interests.
What you’ll do:
- Generate customer invoices in SaaSOptics (to be synced with QuickBooks Desktop)
- Submit invoices to customers, follow up on past-due balances, monitor and communicate to management accounts at risk of late payment or credit issues
- Research and resolve account disputes and billing discrepancies
- Manage the invoicing cycle to meet or exceed month end deadlines
- Ensure that correct sales contract information is imported from Salesforce to SaaSOptics
- Manage daily failed credit card transactions
- Perform daily cash applications entry and daily check deposits
- Prepare journal entries, monthly accruals, related reports, and account reconciliations
- Assist with daily and weekly credit card payment processing
- Prepare balance sheet and bank reconciliations for multiple operating accounts for one or more subsidiaries
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Prepare monthly revenue recognition entries and deferred revenue balance sheet reconciliations and tie-outs
- Focus on general ledger hygiene and custom reporting initiatives
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Support management efforts to establish appropriate internal controls and assist in the implementation and documentation of new policies and procedures
- Ensure that detailed accounting documentation is prepared and maintained in support of relevant legal, regulatory and audit requirements
- Participate in discussing and negotiating accounting requirements, risks and implications in cross-functional meetings and collaborating with a large group of stakeholders in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Assist other accounting and operations team members to accomplish department goals and objectives
- Provide support for ad hoc projects and accounting initiatives
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years’ experience in Accounts Receivable or Billing with emphasis managing debits/credits using a Billing ERP
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or equivalent experience
- Strong Proficiency in Quickbooks required
- Exposure to the general ledger, month-end close and reconciliation in an ERP environment
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP), along with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong analytical skills combined with good business judgment; outstanding interpersonal, communication, and business partnering skills
- Strong Customer Service background with the ability to initiate collection conversations
- Public accounting experience or CPA certification is a plus
- Experience using SaaSOptics as a customer billings, collections and revenue recognition engine is a plus
Who you are:
- GSD (Get Stuff Done) - You roll your sleeves up and do what it takes to be successful. You know that the effort put into a task is directly reflected in the outcome. You’re willing to go the extra mile to ensure the results are top-notch
- Productive - You don’t just get things done, you get the right things done. You understand that prioritization plays a pivotal role in getting the most out of your day
- Tech Savvy - You are comfortable using accounting software to manage accounts, generate reports, statements, invoices and finding pertinent information for customers and colleagues
- Diplomatic - You are comfortable having difficult conversations with customers that need a little encouragement to pay on a timely basis
- Forecaster - You can predict everything but the weather. You can forecast who will pay on time and who won't. No one gets it right all the time, but you are to the mark and the better your reconciliation reports, the more valuable you are to your employer
What you’ll get:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, Life & ADD, and short-term disability
- Voluntary benefits including healthcare and dependent care FSA, pre-tax commuter/transit, 401K, and supplemental life and AD&D
- Open PTO Policy--No counting down vacation days!
- Fully subsidized ORCA passport cards
- Company Stock Options
- Work from home flexibility (must be able to commute daily to Seattle)
- TINYscholarship reimbursement to support professional growth
- Generous Parental Leave: 8-12 weeks paid leave, meal kits, diaper subscription, and home cleaning (eligibility applies)
- Fully stocked snack pantry, beverages on tap, ping pong and foosball table
- Option to bring your office-ready dog to work
- So much more!
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to our team at TINYpulse, submit your resume and cover letter today!
TINYpulse is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
TINYpulse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. TINYpulse complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact HR at email@example.com.