Busy Ophthalmology/Optometry Office looking for a Surgical Scheduler and Insurance verification specialist. Candidate needs to be able to work as a team, be able to adapt with change, multitasker and be organized.
Candidate would be responsible for the following.
- Daily verification of insurance for incoming patients
- Pulling any referrals/prior authorizations
- Pulling charts for the next day's schedule and preparing the chart with the billing slips, referrals/prior authorization paperwork
- Making new patient charts
- Making reminder calls for the next day
- Filling in the gaps in the schedule if any patients have to reschedule
- Scheduling surgery patients for Cataract surgery or other Ocular surgeries.
- Boarding the patient with the surgical center
- Obtaining prior authorization/referral for surgery if needed
- Sending in a electronic prescriptions for post operative care drops to the local pharmacy
- Preparing the surgical chart for the Surgeon and handing off the billing slips to the medical biller
- Notifying the manager of any surgery scheduling issues
- Answering phone lines
* Tasks are subject to change.
Hours: M, W, TH 9-5, Tuesday 1-5, Friday 9-3 (subject to change) no weekends.
TIMOTHY G MCNALLY DO PCOphthalmology/Optometry office with a full optical department