- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
The Manufacturing Engineer supports the Production operation by driving improvements and resolving issues related to components, equipment and processes related to manufacturing coaxial cable assemblies. The Manufacturing Engineer will work in concert with Operations and Quality to assure efficient manufacturing with the goal of top level on-time delivery and product quality performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ownership of the efficient operation of one or more coaxial cable assembly production processes
• Review/troubleshoot/improve documentation related to manufacturing and testing of RF coaxial cable assemblies
• Identify root cause product failures during manufacturing
• Implement process improvements to correct manufacturing inefficiencies and failures
• Provide analysis and solutions to complex material screening and sorting issues
• Design/develop tooling and fixtures to support production needs
• Provide training for processes and equipment as required
• Ensure compliance with internal and customer standards, processes, and procedures
• Research and identify opportunities to implement automation where practical
• BS in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
• 1+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Prior experience implementing engineering change projects
• Eager ownership attitude to “get it done” and willingness to be hands-on
• Knowledge of Lean Principles
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and Solidworks
• Experience interpreting detailed technical drawings and specifications
• Experience with machining, cutting, soldering and welding operations
• Cable assembly or electronics manufacturing preferred; RF experience a plus
• Skilled in tools such as CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) and DOE (Design of Experiments)
• Experience with aerospace industry standards such as AS9100 and spaceflight manufacturing requirements
Times Microwave Systems is an equal opportunity employer
TIMES MICROWAVE SYSTEMSWhy Work Here?
Dynamic, growth, success, strong products, live by core values!
Times Microwave Systems is a subsidiary of Amphenol Corporation (NYSE: APH) and part of the Amphenol Military and Aerospace division. TMS designs and manufactures high performance coaxial cables, connectors and cable assemblies for military, aerospace, telecommunications, industrial RF and microwave applications. For over 70 years Times has been committed to innovation, quality and the development of new products for demanding applications.
358 Hall AvenueWallingford, CT
ManufacturingView all jobs at TIMES MICROWAVE SYSTEMS