Great new opportunity due to company growth!!
The Manufacturing Engineer Manager leads the Manufacturing Engineering teams for Connector and Cable Assembly at the Mesa, AZ facility. This position will also work with Engineering counterparts in the Wallingford, CT, West Palm Beach, FL and Shanghai, China facilities.
This position will lead the advancement of our manufacturing technology improvement of our operation. The Manufacturing Engineering function maintains the efficiency and effectiveness of all production related manufacturing equipment and processes to ensure we manufacture high quality products in a repeatable and cost-effective manner.
- Provide leadership and ongoing coaching to the Manufacturing Engineering team dedicated to supporting production.
- Establish objectives, schedules and priorities for Manufacturing Engineering activities.
- Plan and coordinate required resources for the Manufacturing Engineering teams
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and design layout of equipment / work space for maximum efficiency.
- Identify new manufacturing equipment technology. Propose and justify through capital expenditure requests.
- Lead and participate in problem-solving teams. Determine and implement solutions.
- Serve as an escalation point to resolve technical and quality problems within manufacturing.
- Provide key inputs and drive Design for Manufacturability during design reviews/changes.
- Develop manufacturing processes using Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Manage and facilitate transition of new product from engineering to production.
- Create, develop and update Manufacturing Instructions Lead operation and/or facility transfers and set ups.
- Analyze manufacturing variance data and identify/implement improvement actions
- Establish and meet schedules for the introduction of new methods, new products or cost reductions. Review the engineering change and release activity.
- BS in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact well and coach team members
- Excellent computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Lean manufacturing
Up to 20-25% travel including possible international