Business Title: Network Engineer I
Posting Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte
Posting Job Description:
- Are you a client-centric network engineer talented in establishing resource requirements for enterprise clients?
- Can you commit to a technical position providing expertise to support basic to moderately complex implementations?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our clients achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. The broad Spectrum portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. For more information visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
You focus on ensuring client satisfaction and a successful commercial sales cycle through detailed network planning. As a Network Engineer, you combine your technical expertise and your knowledge of client business needs to identify, forecast and implement resource requirements for basic to moderately complex network systems. You drive the implementation process for all client network architecture and designs. You accelerate the sales cycle by serving as a subject matter expert (SME) relaying information on network systems and implementation to the account manager and clients.
You excel at monitoring protocols and compatibility standards to ensure continuous operations for your clients. You propel business through the development and implementation of network enhancements and improvement recommendations. You enhance efficiency by partnering with design teams, Implementation, Hosted Voice, Managed Services and field technicians. You thrive in an office and network lab environment traveling as needed to support sales network operations. Depending on the business unit, you may be part of a 24/7 on-call environment. You report to the Manager of Network Engineering and Enterprise Engineering for goals, guidance, and assistance.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discounts on Spectrum Services Where Available
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Drive network engineering projects by participating in planning the architecture design and engineering.
- Complete network configuration projects by integrating communication architecture, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links.
- Enhance the product base through in-depth product evaluations and performing network problem resolution.
- Maintain product and service quality by assisting in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Improve the network by monitoring protocol compatibility standards, developing and implementing network enhancements, using approved methods or procedures and making recommendations.
- Optimize existing networks through the planning and completion of medium- to high-complexity projects, systems and issues.
- Boost efficiency by providing tier support across organizations.
- Mitigate risks by complying with all industry-specific local, state, and federal regulations for every project.
- Perform additional duties related to this position as assigned by management.
- Zero to two years of experience working with data network
- Intermediate data networking knowledge of OSI Model, TCP/IP and Optical Networking
- Familiar with related industry specifications and standards for IEEE, ANSI, multi-mode fiber, single-mode fiber, UTP, bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Knowledge of network design, devices, network appliances, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Confident and clear communication with peers, clients and suppliers
- Ability to use internal and vendor ticketing and software tools
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced team environment
- History of using network designing software such as Visio
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Fluent with written and spoken English
- Knowledge of our company products and services
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience (required)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) (preferred)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.) (preferred)
Requisition #: 250496BR
Job Code: ENE308 Network Engineer I Exempt
Position Type: Full Time
Area of Interest: Network Engineering
Business Unit: Spectrum Enterprise
Location: 7910 Crescent Executive Drive
FCC Unit: HQ452
Account Code: B02-54064-363
Controlling Establishment ID: 02128 - Charlotte 7910 Crescent Exec
More on Spectrum: The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Work State: North Carolina
Work City: North Carolina - Charlotte
Posting Job Title (Do Not Exceed 250 Characters): Network Engineer I - Spectrum Enterprise
Zip Code: 28217