Business Title: Lead Software Developer
Posting Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte
Posting Job Description: JOB SUMMARY
The Lead Development Engineer role is to design, build and maintain .Net applications using C#.NET, Web API, Web Services and Microservice technologies as part of the overall telecom application architecture.
The Lead Development Engineer will provide system design, development skills, server administration proficiency, problem-solving orientation, communication, organizational skills, and teamwork. They will work with project and application teams to ensure that they understand and fully comply with development quality standards, architectural guidelines and designs. They will provide assistance with contact center reporting and other related tasks, interact with the manufacturers' technical support groups to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems, and maintain detailed documentation to include the architectural layout, inter-machine process flow, database schemas and other material related to the telecommunications infrastructure. They will also work as part of the team by providing technology solutions suggestions and recommendations to help enhance or streamline contact centers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
Own departmental efforts to ensure quality. Lead the adoption of best-in-class development practices, frameworks, and tools.
Provide guidance and feedback to other developers.
Lead SW architecture design and maintenance for Call Center Technology's new and existing SW platforms. Focus on key elements such as reliability, extensibility, scalability, security, and maintainability.
Work closely with the product managers, architects, and other cross-functional stakeholders to translate overall product portfolio requirements into well-designed, implemented, and documented software
Code and perform unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
Develop and maintain technical documentation regarding application design, configuration and change management tasks.
Collaborate on system design by identifying and recommending solution and requirement needs for software enhancements
Follow established configuration/change control processes
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Knowledge of Voice, Data, Video, Wireless technologies, both modern and legacy
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team, as well as manage individual tasks, with little supervision
- Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Familiarity with the .NET framework
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skill for writing reusable C# libraries
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in C#
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- A knack for writing clean, readable C# code
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scaleble application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Demonstrated communication skills, written, personal, and presentation), with the ability to easily and effectively engage and negotiate with business stakeholders
- Creative and abstract thinking to envision and design innovative solutions to opportunities and challenges
- History in working independently, as well as designing, developing and deploying solutions to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Ability to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and contribute to a common culture of excellence
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
- 5+ years of object-oriented development experience using C# .NET Framework to develop enterprise web applications.
- 5+ years of development experience with web technologies (REST, SOAP web services)
- 2 to 5 years' experience with software development methodologies such as 4-D or Agile Scrum/Kanban
- 2 years related work experience with Avaya Telecommunications (common telephony concepts, Avaya JTAPI/TSAPI, CMS Reporting, SIP, VXML, and CCXML development)
- Office environment
Requisition #: 256154BR
Job Code: ISW305 Lead Software Developer Exempt
Position Type: Full Time
Area of Interest: Billing Operations
Business Unit: Customer Operations
Location: 7820 Crescent Executive Dr
FCC Unit: HQ452
Account Code: X43-304-3000-631
Controlling Establishment ID: 01927 - Charlotte 7820 Crescent Exec
More on Spectrum: The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Work State: North Carolina
Work City: North Carolina - Charlotte
Posting Job Title (Do Not Exceed 250 Characters): Lead Development Engineer.Net
Zip Code: 28217