- Expired: November 29, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Controller Contract:
HQ Location: Dumfries, VA
Position Type: Full-time
Job Description Description:
TIME Systems is seeking a Corporate Controller with 10+ years of experience in the government contracting industry. The selected candidate will report to executive management and ensure maximum return on resources and assets by establishing financial procedures, controls, and reporting systems. The Controller will be a proactive leader who provides oversight of TIME's accounting and financial reporting functions
• Provide financial guidance to Executive Management to enhance contract execution.
• Establish internal controls and consistency of operations by formulating and implementing compliant policies and procedures.
• Serve as Plan Administrator and Trustee for the company's 401k Plans.
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
• Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
• Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Create and maintain process, procedure, work instruction, and checklist for role and department.
• 10+ years accounting experience
• Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Financial Administration System (DFAS) and Government Services Administration (GSA)
• Expertise with cost accounting software
• Experience in Federal Contract Cost Accounting
• Extensive knowledge of US GAAP
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills
• Additional experience in Audit and International accounting
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
• Awareness of business trends
• Experience with creating financial statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
Education and additional experience:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
• May require occasional lifting of 15+ pounds
• 10+ years of experience as a corporate controller
• Minimum 6 years of experience with government contracts accounting.
TIME Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Product Control jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.