*****THIS POSITION REQUIRES A SOCIAL WORK OR COUNSELING LICENSE (LGSW, LCSW, LGPC, LCPC)******
Title: Mental Health Therapist
Responsible to: Clinical Supervisor
A Master's degree in Social work, psychology. Licensed and certified to provide therapeutic treatment in the State of Maryland. Minimum (1) one-year experience in a therapeutic environment.
The Mental Health Therapist will be responsible for assessment of clients including the development, evaluation, and modification of the plan of care. The clinician interprets and performs complex patient care procedures specific to their area of expertise. Sets objectives and goals for treatment and develops treatment plans in conjunction with the medical director, Implements and monitors treatment plan. Provides individual or group treatment, such as psychotherapy, supportive therapy or crisis intervention on a long term or short-term basis to various populations and age groups.
- Intake for and completion of psychosocial histories on all new admissions.
- Obtaining authorization as needed and completion of treatment plans when due.
- Supports clinical issues and make corrections and recommendations.
- Provide individual, family and group therapy.
- Collaboration with outside agencies in order to arrange for community services beneficial to patients. And to provide ongoing collaboration between the treatment team and case workers.
- Have input into and assist care planning for patients. This includes completion of paperwork prior to discharge, addressing aftercare needs and placement plans.
- Ensure treatment arrangements
- Document patient and patient family's responsibility to individual and/or family therapy in the patient's chart on a routine basis.
- Document all contact with other agencies and for all sessions with patient.
- Document all arrangements made for care planning in the medical record, including completion of Aftercare Plan.
- Attend and contribute to treatment planning sessions.
- Completion of treatment plans for assigned patients for both insurance and COMAR regulations.
- Responsible for supervisor signing off on chart documentation accordingly.
- Complete treatment plans before the fifth visit.
- Responsible for chart overflow and breakdown. Order and respond to monthly audit forms within 10 days of receipt.
- Conduct evaluation/mental health assessment under the supervision of appropriate credentialed staff and provide follow up services as defined.
- Maintain 25-30 billable service units per week. (Full TIME Only)
- Complete documentation in the EMR within 72 hours of completed sessions
- Complete treatment plan developments before the 5th session and ensure signatures by all members of client’s treatment team.
- Have a minimum of once monthly family therapy sessions with client present (children.)
- Coordinate referrals for additional levels of service as needed and requested by family.
- Address any and all clinical concerns with direct supervisor.
- Participate in weekly supervision.
- Maintain clients and caseload over school breaks by providing community based services.
- Collaborate with service providers to ensure all areas of clients’ treatment needs are being addressed.
- Utilize evidence based therapeutic framework, counsel clients and patients, individually and group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life and making changes.
- Guide clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems using evidence-based modalities.
- Encourage clients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives and help them to develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge.
- Modify treatment activities and approaches as needed in order to comply with changes in client’s status.
- Learn about new developments in their field by reading professional literature, attending courses and seminars, establishing and maintaining contact with other social service agencies.
- Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with and supporting clients.
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to client’s treatment.
- Facilitate groups a minimum of once a week.