Technician - Maintenance
- Posted: August 03, 2022
Performs various maintenance duties and handles service requests requiring technical labor skills. This individual is responsible for keeping the facility operating and repairing any problems when they are discovered before they have a chance to worsen.
Essential Functions / General Accountabilities
- Inspects, operates, tests, and/or troubleshoots industrial equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions
- Dismantles machines, equipment, or devices to access and remove defective parts
- Performs routine maintenance
- Diagnoses mechanical problems and determines how to correct them.
- Assembles, installs, or repairs wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment
- Orders parts, supplies, or equipment
- Plans and lays out repair work, using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, or schematic diagrams
- Performs general cleaning duties of buildings or properties
- Records type and cost of maintenance or repair work
- Fixing potential safety hazards to avoid injuries
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 1-2 years of related industrial experience (preferred)
- Forklift Certified (preferred)
- Equipment maintenance
- Critical thinking
- Basic computer skills
- A desire to work with team members to improve processes and product quality in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment
- Willingness to comply with safety and quality regulations, including wearing protective gear when necessary
- Physical requirements of the position, including walking, standing, or sitting for extended periods, lifting heavy objects, climbing, crouching, operating tools, and wearing safety gear.
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
TILLEY CHEMICAL CO.
AddressMiddle River, MD
Real EstateView all jobs at TILLEY CHEMICAL CO.