- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: St. Augustine, Florida 32092
Til Valhalla Project (TVP) is a veteran-owned apparel company. Proceeds from sales allow us to provide free memorial plaques to the families of Fallen Heroes (military, first responders, and law enforcement) and give back to our Military community via donations to reduce Veteran Suicide.
Our community-focused mission makes work personal and more rewarding. Be a part of our TVP Family and be proud of the impact you will make in our customers’ lives.
We seek a disciplined Procurement Specialist to act as the company’s representative in negotiations with suppliers
to procure and manage the company’s procurement activities. The specialist will conduct market research,
identify prospective suppliers, evaluate offers against key company criteria, require product specifications, and
negotiate purchasing agreements. The ideal candidate will obtain the highest quality goods for the best price.
To be successful as a procurement specialist, you should have an analytical mind and keep up with product and
service trends. Ultimately, a top-performing procurement specialist can make important decisions in fast-paced
environments and have superior negotiation skills, ensuring all purchases comply with company standards.
What is Expected of You?
- Collaborate with departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements for equipment, materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
- Research and identify prospective suppliers
- Evaluate products and suppliers according to key business criteria.
- Prepare RFQ’s, workorders, and scope of work, and negotiate purchasing terms and conditions.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders and agreements.
- Monitor supplier performance and resolve issues and concerns.
- Review and approve vendor invoices to confirm appropriate pricing is applied.
- Liaison with delivery and warehouse teams to ensure goods are received on time.
- Inspect and evaluate the quality of purchased items and resolve shortcomings.
- Analyze industry and demand trends and support senior management with developing and implementing sourcing strategies.
- Coordinate removal or disposal of surplus materials.
- Coordinate with the Controller to implement and maintain purchasing and recordkeeping systems.
- Follow and enforce the company's procurement policies and procedures.
- Prepare and present market conditions and merchandise cost reports.
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field with required coursework in purchasing and/or inventory control management.
- At least three years of buying or purchasing experience are required.
- Sound working knowledge of purchasing strategies
- Proven networking and negotiation skills
- Advanced computer and math skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and ethics when dealing with vendors, co-workers, and customers
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Superior time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Great organizational and planning skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Requires the Ability to:
- Demonstrate integrity and honesty in daily duties
- Decipher all colors and color tones for color accuracy
- Possesses explicit knowledge and the ability to navigate and troubleshoot computer ordering systems.
- Must traverse the production facility and maintain stamina for up to eight hours a day of physical labor.
- Tolerate hot and cold warehouse environments and varying noise levels.
- Possess the physical strength to lift and move heavy objects around the warehouse.
- Regularly lift and carry objects weighing 10-60 lbs.
Our Ideal Candidate is:
- Highly Organized: Excellent prioritization skills and detail-oriented
- Communicative: Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong written/verbal communication skills
- Technologically Savvy: Able to leverage computer software to complete assigned tasks more effectively
- Driven: Takes personal pride in work quality and individual growth.
- A/C Controlled Warehouse
- Medical Insurance
- Company Paid Group Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short-term Disability
- Employee discount
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress Code
TIL VALHALLA PROJECT LLC
3400 Agricultural Center DriveSaint Augustine, FL
Get fresh Remote Procurement Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.