- Posted: over a month ago
Transport Professionals, Inc.
Transport Investments, Inc. Family of Companies, is a privately owned non-asset based transportation company. It has received national recognition as being among the largest forty general commodities carrier groups, and among the largest twenty flatbeds/specialized carrier groups in the United States.
The primary functions of this position is to coordinate available trucks and equipment and moving them from Point A to Point B, maximizing company revenues and profits, scheduling maintenance for trucks and equipment, and providing superior customer service to drivers, agents, and external customers for our company.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Accept calls from drivers, carrier dispatchers and truck owners looking for loads for their available trucks.
- Accept calls from customers, agents, and salespeople looking for trucks for their available loads.
- Direct drivers in their daily activities. Accept shipments for their trucks, schedule them, route them and obtain directions.
- Notify available trucks of available loads and negotiate with the decision-maker as to why they should accept a particular shipment.
- Troubleshoot problems for any driver, owner, agent or customer that may call.
- Satisfy customers’ demands and truck owner’s satisfaction and take all necessary steps to prevent driver losses, claims and accidents.
- Coordinate and schedule maintenance for drivers that need emergency or non-emergency repairs
- Talking to drivers about why certain loads are beneficial to them as to the areas that they may deliver the value of a particular load or would line up with what they are planning for.
- Assist with billing problems. (short-pays)
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Trucking industry experience preferred
- Good communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and other web-based programs
- Able to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
The Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other categories protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
TII Family of Companies
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at TII Family of Companies