· Supervise import and logistics staff managing importation of goods from other countries, and the shipment of goods domestically.
· Communicate with clients, customs agents and transportation companies to ensure the shipments arrive in a timely manner, and in good physical condition.
· Arrange transport and ensure items are shipped expediently and in a cost-effective manner.
· Perform daily management of logistic/import functions, including performance tracking in support of internal and external customer requirements.
· Ensure compliance with all federal & state agencies.
· Oversee and manage warehouses, inventory control, customer service
· Lead and train import and logistics team.
· Order inventory from vendors.
· Education: Bachelor’s or Higher
· Must be proficient in Windows operating system, Microsoft word, excel, and outlook
· QuickBooks preferred, but not required.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· 2-4 years or more with work experience as import/logistics manager
· Preferred- Experience importing goods from China and working with customs brokers, USA ports, and freight forwarders