Junior Systems Engineer
TIAG is now hiring a Junior Network Systems Engineer to join our team at the Office of Naval Research (ONR) in Arlington, VA. Candidates must possess an active Secret Clearance to be considered. The Junior Network Systems Engineerwill assist the Office of Naval Research establish and maintain an information technology network operation. This position reports onsite in Arlington, VA with limited remote flexibility.
The Junior Network Systems Engineer will perform standard project tasks to analyze information security requirements, translate these into security designs, implement these designs and test effectiveness. Additional responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoots Windows Server and Workstation issues
- Conducts maintenance activities on Windows Server and Workstation operating systems (OS)
- Troubleshoots basic network issues
- Hardens servers through application of DISA Security Technical Guidelines (STIGs)
- Supports the ONR Active Directory
- Works with McAfee tool suite to ensure security posture
- Conducts basic maintenance activities on the VMware and Linux environments
- Provides basic support to application Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL server and SharePoint
- Associate's degree or 2 year's equivalent experience
- IAT Level I certification
- Ability to obtain an active Secret Clearance
- 2 years of experience working with the Windows Server and Workstation operating system environments
- Understanding of network basics (understand ports and protocols)
- Experience with VMWare, Linux, or McAfee is a plus
- Experience supporting applications Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL server or SharePoint is a plus
TIAG is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. TIAG's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, TIAG maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire, and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.
Get fresh Junior Systems Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.