Position Title: Public Relations Specialist
Position Type: Full-time, 6-month position
Work Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
TI Verbatim Consulting (TIVC) is an 8(a), CVE-certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, and Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned small business that focuses on providing responsive, customer-oriented service. TIVC helps people work better together by improving communication among stakeholders, in the workplace, and across cultures.
TIVC is growing! We are currently seeking a public relations specialist to join our team!
This is a contract position supporting the U.S. Navy. The position will be 6 months, with the potential for a longer role. The incumbent will provide full-time assistance that includes writing and editing a wide range of communications products across various mediums, event support, media relations, and administrative assistance.
- Complete at least two to five writing assignments each week, including marketing emails, blog posts, feature articles, newsletter articles, remarks, and public affairs guidance.
- Edit materials produced by the PAO for consistency and clarity, ensuring they adhere to Associated Press style guidelines.
- Assist PAO with event planning and outreach.
- Update the PAO’s PowerPoint metrics dashboard, assessing usage trends related to t public-facing website and social media platforms. Include a narrative analysis of those trends.
- Check the PAO voicemail box once per week, and return calls as needed. Assist with various other administrative tasks, as assigned.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Secret Clearance required
- 5 years experience working with public affairs regulations that guide government, Department of Defense (DOD) and Department of the Navy (DON) communications. Furthermore, there must be knowledge of the DON public affairs infrastructure – including the role of the U.S. Navy Office of Information (CHINFO) – and DON’s strategic messages.
- Proficiency in editing and writing products that share JAG community messages with key audiences through communications channels to include print, online and digital outreach platforms, as well as public affairs guidance, talking points and presentations.
- 5 years experience with media relations to include pitching stories and responding to inquiries from print, online, radio and television news outlets.
- Proficiency in management of events, such as training symposiums, as well as administrative skills.
- Incumbent shall be highly organized, detail-focused and diligent
- The ability to work independently and effectively manage project timelines to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience of file exchange via DOD SAFE