Position Title: Document Translator; (Primarily: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish)
Position Type: Independent Contractor (1099)
Location: Contractor facilities
As a veteran, woman-owned, business - TI Verbatim Consulting (TIVC) implements lasting workplace human capital and business information solutions. We improve the workplace using culture assessment to inform leadership and ignite culture optimization. We bridge language divides through culturally accurate translation and interpretation. At TIVC, our goal is to treat our customers as valued partners, deliver excellent service and "Help People Work Better Together."
TIVC is currently seeking 1099 Translators. Primarily: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish
A Federal Government Agency requires document translation of NATO languages into accurate, idiomatic English and translation from English into accurate, idiomatic world languages stipulated as official country languages.
- Translate documents from target language into English and from English to target language.
- Translate vernacular into accurate, idiomatic English or other target languages.
- Conduct quality control reviews on all completed translations and that the translations reflect appropriate format, style, and product standards agreed upon by each party.
- Return translations in the same style and format as the original document.
- This may include but are not limited to training manuals, brochures, factsheets, maps, powerpoint presentations, images, videos, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding personal issues or any other information learned during the document translation.
- Safeguard and handle Sensitive Security Information (SSI) in accordance with the policies and procedures outlined in 49 C.F.R. Part 1520.
- Provide stellar customer service to TIVC.
- ATA Certification or
- Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR Scale): 3 or higher Language proficiency level.
- Translation experience: Verbatim/summary transcription/translation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Social Sciences
- Ability to pass an advanced English test
- Minimum three (3) years’ professional experience conducting translation, transcription, translation, and/or interpretation