TI Fluid Systems Auburn Hills, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TI Fluid Systems is a global automotive manufacturing firm that is looking to add a talented Cloud Engineer to their Cloud Team. We have embarked on a digital transformation initiative with cloud at the core and are working on a large scale migration of OnPrem based infrastructure and all Windows/Linux hosted Global Applications in 3 global datacenters to the AWS cloud.
This position is designed to offer an opportunity to grow and develop cloud knowledge and experience for a person who has an established foundation of operational IT education, knowledge and experience. The position would be ideal for a person who has graduated from a computer science degree, has 2-3 years of IT experience and is looking to steer their career down the path of Cloud Based Technology. They may already have some cloud experience, have undertaken training or certification on AWS cloud technologies and have a demonstrated passion and desire to make cloud the focus of their career in the coming years.
This individual will be involved in a broad array of cloud architecture design, implementation and operational activities. You will work closely with our Senior Cloud Engineer, Cloud SysOps lead and other stakeholders in IT, Application Owners and business users for the development and implementation of architectural solutions to meet business requirements in application hosting, infrastructure provisioning & automation, performance, cost optimization, networking and security. We have a partnership in place with a leading cloud managed services provider who is assisting with migration and providing a broad scope of cloud operation and security services which this position will have ongoing roles in collaboration, knowledge transfer and oversight of our technical direction and ensuring Well Architected principles are being followed and managed effectively.
This position offers a unique opportunity for a person with a solid foundation of IT skills and a passion for the cloud to focus their career path and be intimately involved in a major cloud initiative on a global scale. We also foresee many opportunities to leverage our cloud footprint to build out strategy and implementation around Industry 4.0 initiatives.
*As a condition of employment, you must comply with TI Fluid Systems COVID 19 vaccination policy. This position will require onsite attendance 3 days per week.
Duties and Requirements of the Job:
1. Participate in providing architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to systems analysts, IT engineers, application teams and other systems architects.
2. Document and develop in-depth knowledge of existing IT cloud architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolios.
3. Collaborate with other team members and develop / manage an IT cloud infrastructure capacity strategy.
4. Develop, manage, communicate, & enforce cloud technology standards policies.
5. Conduct research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness, infrastructure flexibility and scalability.
6. Assist to develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT cloud infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
7. Support Senior Cloud Engineer and Solution Architects to develop and implement design, systems analysis, and security strategies.
8. Assist in validation of application teams design for adherence to company standards.
9. Participates in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy.
10. Communicates and validates program architecture with infrastructure team, security team, and other organizational teams.
11. Participate in end-to-end technical plan design, develop infrastructure blueprints for the implementation of new solution, create impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
12. Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations.
13. Support incident management and other ITIL processes as required.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. A quantifiable and demonstrable foundation of experience in IT technology and operations (2+ years) including key areas such as infrastructure, networks, Identity Access Management, application architecture and Infrastructure As Code.
2. Demonstrable commitment towards ongoing education and skills development on cloud technologies
3. A passion for IT technology driving innovation and transformation of user experience focused on improved business outcomes.
4. Foundation of knowledge in programming languages.
5. Demonstrated experience in understanding and troubleshooting enterprise network architecture strategies, including cloud networking technology and strategies (Transit Gateway, VPC, Routing, DNS, VPNs).
6. Knowledge of designing strategy for application hosting that include scalability, performance, cost optimization, security, and availability pillars as outlined in industry best practices for well architected frameworks.
7. Hands-on experience with core LAN/WAN network technologies.
8. Proven ability in troubleshooting and issue resolution for challenges faced around application performance, network connectivity and performance, infrastructure robustness, security, access etc.
9. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with information and application security concepts including public key encryption, remote access, access credentials, and certificate-based authentication.
10. Strong professional and interpersonal skills, treats people in respectful and professional manner.
11. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
12. Work and act in a safe manner.
13. Flexible work schedule.
14. Competent in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline required.
Physical Requirements to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Ability to work at a computer for a long period of time.
2. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds.
3. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
Licensing or Other Special Certifications Required:
1. Certification in AWS technology (other cloud platform certifications are bonus).
2. Valid passport.
3. Must have valid permanent employment authorization for US and be currently residing in the US.
TI Fluid Systems
2020 Taylor RoadAuburn Hills, MI
TechnologyView all jobs at TI Fluid Systems