- Posted: over a month ago
Do you want to make a positive difference in the lives of people that are challenged with mental illness and substance use disorders? Do you want to join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals who work effectively together, have fun, and share the joy of truly making the word a better place?
Through the dedication and commitment of our staff, Thrive’s clients receive the highest quality of care available, incorporating proven, effective treatment for substance use and mental health disorders.
The ideal candidate will be results-driven, team-and detail-oriented professional who is comfortable working on multiple tasks in a deadline-oriented environment.
Thrive is looking for a board licensed physician certified in psychiatry to join our team as our new Medical Director. The Medical Director will provide leadership and supervision to Thrive’s behavioral health programs and medical staff of 4 FTE MD’s and 1.5 FTE APRNs. She/he will also provide direct services to our clients through comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, treatment planning, and medication management.
Our Medical Director will also provide guidance for one day per week to our fellow CCBHC and Horizon Healthcare Partner, Newport Mental Health.
- Provide leadership in establishing and monitoring standards of medical/psychiatric practice;
- Arbitrate differences of opinion regarding psychiatric/medical care;
- Participate in investigating incidents that involve medical practice;
- Provide supervision to psychiatric staff and medical consultants;
- Review and monitor productivity of Center psychiatrists;
- Participate in the development of utilization and quality improvement standards;
- Represent the Center in situations where a medical presence is required;
- Serve as consultant on medical/psychiatric issues to Center staff and management;
- Prescribe and monitor appropriate medications/psychiatric treatments to Center clientele in keeping with best practices and the Center’s policies and procedures.
Required education, certification, licensure, and experience:
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine from an accredited institution
- Board Licensed and Certified in Psychiatry
- Rhode Island Medical License and Valid DEA license
- At least five (5) years of related community mental health experience
- Ability to credential with Insurance Providers
Required Soft Skills:
- Communication: the ability to communicate effectively by listening well to others and successfully relay your own ideas and opinions verbally and in writing
- Organization: The ability to plan and effectively implement projects and general work tasks for yourself and others
- Critical Thinking: The ability to use imagination, reasoning, past experience, research, and available resources to fundamentally understand and resolve issues.
- Creativity: The ability to be resourceful and innovative in finding solutions to problems at work.
- Interpersonal Communication: The ability to work in teams, relate to people, and manage conflict
- Adaptability: The ability to adapt to changes and inspire your team to do the same.
Thrive Behavioral Health provides a friendly/family working environment, whose values include Dignity, Respect, Teamwork and Professional Support and Development. Thrive offers generous benefits after 30 days, PTO, paid holidays, your birthday off, and a 401k plan.
No Phone Calls
THRIVE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INC
HealthcareView all jobs at THRIVE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?