This position is responsible for the Manufacturing Engineering Team. This job is also accountable for identification of manufacturing opportunities, leading improvement teams, training workforce and obtaining measurable results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage implementation of ECNs that affect the manufacturing process including routings and routers.
- Encourage growth and career development of employees by coaching and helping employees reach their goals. Develop team members into CI leaders.
- Analyze and assess current operational conditions, oversee the implementation of lean manufacturing projects in order to optimize manufacturing processes and ultimately achieve AOP SQDP results.
- Implement and follow up on all lean improvements and most importantly, sustain the results
- Identify and evaluate equipment requirements to support lean initiatives and manufacturing engineering projects
- Communicate plans, actions and results to the team through a visual management system
- Participate directly and indirectly in all Kaizen events
- Assist product development engineering and advance manufacturing engineering for development of new product manufacturing processes
- Update standard work, work instructions, JSA’s and ergonomic assessments following any process improvement related changes due to CI.
- Create equipment justifications aimed at process improvement.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent project management and proven cross-functional team leading skills.
- Ability to read blue prints at an advanced level.
- Excellent computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- ERP system knowledge at an intermediate level.
- CAD or 3D modeling system operation knowledge at an intermediate level.
- Knowledge of sheet metal uses and formation, sheet metal working, and sheet metal applied technology at an advanced level.
- Ability to think spatially and creatively at an advanced level.
- Must have proven experience in performing time studies and setting routing standards.
- Ability to analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency and safety.
- Experience in defining, justifying and implementing capital improvement projects.
- Extensive knowledge of all Lean tools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or related engineering degree.
- 7+ years of manufacturing engineering experience.
- MBA and/or significant operations experience preferred.
Why Work Here?We are an Executive Recruiting Firm who specializes in placing "Top Talent" to the "Top Companies." We specialize in the HVAC/R, Appliance & Food Service Industries and have placed professionals in these areas for 20+ yrs. We occasionally place in other industries as well but primarily in the Southern US. Learn more about us by visiting www.thrpartnersblog.com.
Client Company in heavy growth mode