We are in search of a Grounds / Custodial Technician who is energetic, reliable, and possesses a positive attitude.
- Custodial responsibilities including but not limited to; general trash collection and cleaning/disinfecting of public restrooms
- Collection and disposal of trash and debris located around grounds
- Landscaping tasks such as pruning shrubs, removing broken branches, pulling weeds, watering plant materials, etc.
- Operate lawn care equipment, hand tools, and small power tools, etc.
- Report and document potential safety hazards, unsafe practices and procedures and notify Security personnel when warranted
- Provide support to Maintenance and Safety department activities as needed
* Thousand Island Park Corporation reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
- Minimum of 17 years of age or older
- Possess a valid New York State Driver’s License
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English clearly
- Effectively communicate with supervisors, co-workers, cottage owners and visitors
- Ability to work in a fast paced outdoor environment
- Ability to observe, detect and report signs of emergency situations
- Capable of using proper judgement and handle situations in a non-threatening manner
- Ability to perform manual tasks in variable weather conditions
- Must conform to grooming and dress codes (uniforms furnished)
- Seasonal position - 5 or 6 days a week 8 hours per day
- Holiday, weekend, and special event participation required
Founded in 1875 as a Methodist Campground, TI Park thrived as a family retreat with a Chautauqua atmosphere of religious, cultural and recreational activities. Today it continues as a peaceful haven in a hectic world where families come to enjoy old-fashioned values in a place of natural beauty.