Navy Submarine LAN Technician (STSC)
- Posted: over a month ago
THOR Solutions is actively seeking a highly skilled and motivated LAN Technician with significant experience with U.S. Navy Submarine networks to support the Submarine Technical Support Center (STSC) at Naval Submarine Base Groton (NSB Groton) in Groton, CT.
The technician’s responsibilities may include (but aren’t limited to):
- Serve as authority for direct fleet technical support concerning submarine networks/LANs and IA processes.
- Provide administrative and technical support, system training, and monitoring of submarine networks.
- Train, guide, and support LAN administrators in submarine network maintenance and administration procedures.
- Conduct and support assessments of LAN administration capabilities, and provide recommendations and training based upon findings.
- Provide associated support for non-submarine clients, laptops, and workstations.
- Support assessments, inspections, tests, and ship checks as required.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must already possess a current SECRET security clearance.
Required Education, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Must possess a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Must have at least five (5) years of U.S. Navy technical experience, including:
- At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in the operation and/or maintenance of computer-controlled equipment used to perform tests, simulations, or real time operations such as installed forward control systems, on board Naval ships/submarines.
- At least three (3) years of demonstrated experience in the installation, testing, and maintenance of advanced information technology equipment and/or major network administration systems on U.S. Navy submarines.
- An ideal candidate will have at least ten (10) combined years of U.S. Navy technical experience obtained aboard submarines.
- Must have submarine-focused experience with:
- Submarine Local Area Networks (SUBLAN)
- Naval Tactical Command Support System (NTCSS)
- Host Based Security System (HBSS)
- Navy Information Application Product Suite (NIAPS).
- Must have prior experience and familiarity with U.S. Navy Information Assurance (IA) processes, procedures, and regulations.
- This position has been designated as a Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) position, enrollment in which may require additional training, certification, and continuous education activities.
- An ideal candidate will have prior experience or enrollment in the CSWF.
- An ideal candidate will possess a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and skills.
Limited travel may be required for this position.
Please be aware that many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens.
Founded in 2009, THOR Solutions, LLC (THOR) is a rapidly growing Center for Veteran’s Excellence (CVE) verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing mission critical support across the Department of Defense, federal civilian agencies and commercial maritime industry, worldwide. THOR provides innovative and tailored expertise in multidisciplinary engineering, project and program management, business and financial management, technical support, integrated logistics support, training support, fleet support, corporate operations support, assessments and studies. THOR is privileged to deliver service solutions to the nation’s most complex military, public sector and industry challenges.
THOR is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. THOR complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is the law.
THOR is proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. THOR does not discriminate against a qualified applicant because of their status as a protected veteran, or their relationship or association with a protected veteran. This includes spouses and other family members.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part the employment selection process, please contact us at email@example.com or (571) 215-0077.
If you would like to view a copy of THOR’s affirmative action plan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powered by JazzHR
THOR Solutions, LLC
EngineeringView all jobs at THOR Solutions, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?