Navy Submarine HM&E Technician (STSC)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
THOR Solutions is actively seeking a highly motivated and experienced Navy Submarine HM&E Technician to support the Submarine Technical Support Center (STSC) at Naval Submarine Base New London (NSB New London) in Groton, CT. The candidate will use their Submarine hull, mechanical, and electrical (HM&E) expertise to help maintain the U.S. Navy's Submarine Force Warfighting Capability. The ideal candidate will have been a Machinist's Mate, Nuclear (MMN) onboard U.S. Navy LOS ANGELES and VIRGINIA Class submarines.
The candidate's responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide subject matter expertise in the form of technical support in the area of U.S. Navy Submarine hull, mechanical, and electrical (HM&E) systems.
- Provide onboard technical assistance to inspect, evaluate, troubleshoot, and test.
- Provide corrective actions, and/or technical oversight and guidance to resolve HM&E related equipment deficiencies.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must already possess and be able to maintain an active SECRET security clearance.
Required Education, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Must possess a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Must have at least six (6) years, and preferably at least eight (8) years, of recent and relevant engineering experience onboard U.S. Navy Submarines in the operation, maintenance, installation, test, or repair of HM&E systems and equipment, including experience in evaluating the material condition of ship systems and implementing corrective action.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be proficient with common productivity software including the Microsoft Office suite, as well as position-specific software, hardware, and tools.
- Must be able to operate in an active waterfront support facility, and be able to board and move throughout active submarines as required to conduct identified job duties.
Additional Preferred Education, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- An ideal candidate will have obtained this experience onboard LOS ANGELES Class and VIRGINIA Class submarines.
- An ideal candidate will also:
- Be a Submarine Machinist's Mate, Nuclear (MMN).
- Have completed relevant Navy "A" or "C" schools.
- Be Engine Room Supervisor Qualified (NEC N15S/3365).
- Have experience with:
- Operation and/or repair of Submarine Main Propulsion systems.
- All aspects of Air Conditioning operation and/or repair.
- Operation and/or repair of HPAC/HPAD/LPAC/LPAD systems.
- Reverse Osmosis/ Distillation plant operation and/or repair.
Approximately 0-10% travel anticipated.
THOR Solutions, LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Thor Solutions LLC
EngineeringView all jobs at Thor Solutions LLC