Navy Submarine HM&E Technician (STSC)
- Posted: over a month ago
THOR Solutions is actively seeking a highly motivated and experienced Navy Submarine HM&E Technician to support the Submarine Technical Support Center (STSC) at Naval Submarine Base New London (NSB New London) in Groton, CT. The candidate will use their Submarine hull, mechanical, and electrical (HM&E) expertise to help maintain the U.S. Navy’s Submarine Force Warfighting Capability. The ideal candidate will have been a Machinist’s Mate, Nuclear (MMN) onboard U.S. Navy LOS ANGELES and VIRGINIA Class submarines.
The candidate’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide subject matter expertise in the form of technical support in the area of U.S. Navy Submarine hull, mechanical, and electrical (HM&E) systems.
- Provide onboard technical assistance to inspect, evaluate, troubleshoot, and test.
- Provide corrective actions, and/or technical oversight and guidance to resolve HM&E related equipment deficiencies.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must already possess and be able to maintain an active SECRET security clearance.
Required Education, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Must possess a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Must have at least six (6) years, and preferably at least eight (8) years, of recent and relevant engineering experience onboard U.S. Navy Submarines in the operation, maintenance, installation, test, or repair of HM&E systems and equipment, including experience in evaluating the material condition of ship systems and implementing corrective action.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be proficient with common productivity software including the Microsoft Office suite, as well as position-specific software, hardware, and tools.
- Must be able to operate in an active waterfront support facility, and be able to board and move throughout active submarines as required to conduct identified job duties.
Additional Preferred Education, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- An ideal candidate will have obtained this experience onboard LOS ANGELES Class and VIRGINIA Class submarines.
- An ideal candidate will also:
- Be a Submarine Machinist’s Mate, Nuclear (MMN).
- Have completed relevant Navy “A” or “C” schools.
- Be Engine Room Supervisor Qualified (NEC N15S/3365).
- Have experience with:
- Operation and/or repair of Submarine Main Propulsion systems.
- All aspects of Air Conditioning operation and/or repair.
- Operation and/or repair of HPAC/HPAD/LPAC/LPAD systems.
- Reverse Osmosis/ Distillation plant operation and/or repair.
Approximately 0-10% travel anticipated.
Please be aware that many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens.
Founded in 2009, THOR Solutions, LLC (THOR) is a rapidly growing Center for Veteran’s Excellence (CVE) verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing mission critical support across the Department of Defense, federal civilian agencies and commercial maritime industry, worldwide. THOR provides innovative and tailored expertise in multidisciplinary engineering, project and program management, business and financial management, technical support, integrated logistics support, training support, fleet support, corporate operations support, assessments and studies. THOR is privileged to deliver service solutions to the nation’s most complex military, public sector and industry challenges.
THOR is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. THOR complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is the law.
THOR is proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. THOR does not discriminate against a qualified applicant because of their status as a protected veteran, or their relationship or association with a protected veteran. This includes spouses and other family members.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part the employment selection process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (571) 215-0077.
If you would like to view a copy of THOR’s affirmative action plan, please email email@example.com.
Powered by JazzHR
THOR Solutions, LLC
EngineeringView all jobs at THOR Solutions, LLC