Change Manager, Journeyman
THOR Solutions is actively seeking a highly motivated Journeyman Change Manager to support the United States Coast Guard (USCG) in Washington, D.C. The ideal candidate will provide requirements support using IBM Rational Dynamic Object Orient Requirements Systems (DOORS) and will assist the USCG Ship Design Team with the following technical discipline areas of small boats, patrol boats, buoy and construction tenders, icebreakers, and flight-deck capable ships.
The candidate’s responsibilities may include (but are not limited to) performing or supporting the following actions:
- Provide configuration management planning and input to specification development by writing and incorporating comments.
- Trace requirements; document and manage changes to specifications, documentation.
- Analyze stakeholder comments and requirements.
- Facilitate inter-organizational development and coordination of requirements documents.
- Due to the requirements of the federal contract that this position supports, U.S. citizenship is required. Citizenship will be confirmed via I-9/E-Verify at the start of employment.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- This position requires a DoD Secret security clearance. A qualified candidate will either:
- Already possess an active or interim Secret (or above) clearance;
- OR, be able to qualify for a new Secret clearance upon hire.
Required Education, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Three (3) to six (6) years of recent, relevant experience.
- Experience working with collaboration tools.
- An ideal candidate will have an IBM Rational Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) certification.
- Documented experience with web-based collaboration tools (e.g. SharePoint).
- Familiarity with the USCG Standard Workstation and associated software products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Up to 10% travel is anticipated.
Typical Physical Activity:
- This position’s essential functions typically include (but are not limited to): typing, hearing, kneeling, sitting, standing, talking, vision, and walking.
THOR Solutions, LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Please be aware that many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens.
Founded in 2009, THOR Solutions, LLC (THOR) is a rapidly growing Center for Veteran’s Excellence (CVE) verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing mission critical support across the Department of Defense, federal civilian agencies and commercial maritime industry, worldwide. THOR provides innovative and tailored expertise in multidisciplinary engineering, project and program management, business and financial management, technical support, integrated logistics support, training support, fleet support, corporate operations support, assessments and studies. THOR is privileged to deliver service solutions to the nation’s most complex military, public sector and industry challenges.
THOR is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability. THOR complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is the law.
THOR is proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. THOR does not discriminate against a qualified applicant because of their status as a protected veteran, or their relationship or association with a protected veteran. This includes spouses and other family members.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part the employment selection process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (571) 215-0077.
If you would like to view a copy of THOR’s affirmative action plan, please email email@example.com.
Powered by JazzHR
THOR Solutions, LLCWashington, DC
Sports and Recreation
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.