The Academic Account Manager is responsible for maximizing market share, product revenue, preference and usage in a designated territory by effectively managing a high performing set of assigned law schools
- Act as high performing account manager to secure long-term, Westlaw and Thomson Reuters preferred, loyal customers within a designated territory of assigned law schools
- Own revenue retention responsibility for law school customers in assigned territory. Prospect for new sales opportunities within existing customer base.
- Demonstrate exceptional presentation skills to maximize front-end client relationships
- Demonstrate a high level of professional qualities and an engaging disposition that commands attention and respect of customers in law schools and across all segments
- Exhibit a deep knowledge of Thomson Reuters products such as Westlaw, Practice Solutions, Print, and other software solutions, as well as the legal profession and the academic and law school industry
- Develop strategic territory plans to manage a cost efficient, high performing business, through maximization of both in-person and online training as well as implementation of customer promotions
- Direct responsibilities for Student Representative management, including hiring and HR issues, motivational factors, continued training and consistent reporting of activities and results
- Represent Thomson Reuters at various trade shows and conferences, both regional and national in scope.
- Provide consistent and accurate reporting
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Effectively meets customer needs and builds lasting customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and product preference. Demonstrates professional qualities and demeanor that commands attention and respect from law school faculty and students
- Proven revenue retention success against target along with excellent account management and territory management skills
- Possesses strong ability to provide customers with high-impact training to exceed their needs
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills. Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Ability to identify problem areas, trends, and opportunities and recommend action to management
- Leadership qualities including self-motivation, resilience, positive attitude, and a team player
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast paced environment that changes often
- Can master and communicate benefits of Thomson Reuters products and services to maximize value to customers
- Exhibits a strong knowledge of, or willingness to master, law school products such as Westlaw/Next, print and media programs, workflow solutions, the law school market and the legal profession
- JD strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Prior legal experience preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Customer service orientation and experience
- Proficient in MS Office/Internet
- Ability to travel to training sessions, meetings and to law school locations as needed - 50% travel may be required
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.