The Early Learning Teacher Aide, under the direction of the Early Learning Master Teacher, assists the Early Learning Associate Teacher with planning and implementing a variety of activities to meet the educational needs of preschool-aged children; assists with instruction to individuals and small groups in the Early Learning Program and helps with the preparation of instructional materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise children in all activities, in the classroom, on the playground, during snack time, and on field trips.
- Assist with planning, preparing and implementing a variety of activities to meet the needs of preschool-aged children.
- Support with direction of group activities with students as assigned.
- Maintain a positive, nurturing environment, which respects culture and diversity.
- Participate with children and encourage their involvement in activities.
- Observe and redirect student behavior according to approved procedures.
- Set up and cleanup work areas and eating areas.
- Operate audio-visual equipment.
- Assist children with washing as needed; assist children with toileting, changing those who have experienced toileting accidents; assist students in developing self-help skills.
- Assist with preparing instructional materials as directed by the supervisor.
- Assist students in developing language skills.
- Maintain a clean, safe, attractive and positive learning environment, which assists children in making a positive transition from home to preschool.
- Communicate materials needs to associate teacher and manager.
- Maintain a caring, clean, safe, sanitary and orderly classroom environment.
- Participate in meetings and in-service training programs as assigned.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Travel between sites to meet the needs of program.
- Perform related tasks as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of 6 units in Early Childhood Education or Child Development.
- Current or eligible* to obtain an Associate Teachers Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) to include fifteen (12) postsecondary semester or twenty-four (24) completed postsecondary semester or equivalent quarter units in early childhood education or child development (3 units in Infant & Toddler as desired) is desirable. *Think Together may provide assistance in obtaining permit.
- Prior experience working with preschool aged children is desirable.
- Learn, apply and explain Early Learning Program and organization philosophies, policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with preschool children and adults.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with children and adults.
- Monitor and report student behavior and progress according to approved policies and procedures.
- Use positive and appropriate methods of behavior modification for preschool aged children.
- Support in coordination and participation in activities with groups of children.
- Operate a variety of office and classroom equipment, including a computer, copier, laminator, CD player, television, and video equipment.
- Set up and cleanup work and snack areas.
- Assist children with toileting.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Bi-literate in Spanish is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications including, but not limited to, MS Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Use standard office equipment
Founded in 1997, Think Together partners with schools to change the odds for kids. Think Together delivers nationally-recognized expanded learning programs and school improvement, offered through affiliate partner Orenda Education. We want a community where all kids get a great education that prepares them for college and career.