Energy Specialist - Residential
THIELSCH ENGINEERING INC. Cranston, RI
- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are
Thielsch Engineering, Inc. is a professional engineering firm that provides a complete range of consulting, design, and energy services to customers throughout the United States and internationally. Our multi-disciplined engineering and technical staff specialize in failure analysis, engineering design, process optimization, and condition assessment. Our work demonstrates how creative collaboration can produce outstanding results for our clients and our communities.
At Thielsch, our customers come from all walks of life -- and so do our employees! We hire amazing people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. We can confidently state that we are successful as a direct result of our diversity.
From day one and throughout your career with us, you’ll find a workplace with a culture with expansive personal & professional development opportunities, cutting edge technology, a place where relationships are valued, and work/life balance is always a priority.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) within our walls and out in our communities. We strive to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.
RISE Engineering is seeking a Residential Energy Specialist to conduct scheduled home energy assessments. This position is full time, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm, and will be located in the Cranston, RI office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct thorough, accurate residential energy audits to evaluate factors such as insulation, appliances, HVAC systems, lighting and electrical systems, moisture and air quality that affect home energy use, durability, safety and comfort.
- Conduct in-home energy tests on the combustion appliances and install instant-savings measures such as energy-efficient light bulbs and water-conservation devices.
- Use proprietary software to prepare on-site assessment reports.
- Explain recommended energy-efficiency measures and associated benefits, costs and savings.
- Secure homeowner approval of proposed work and coordinate available rebates and financing options.
- Follow up with homeowners to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- With company support, obtain BPI Building Analyst certification within six months of hire.
- At least two years of residential construction or energy-efficiency experience, including knowledge of building materials, systems or diagnostics.
- Strong analytical skills, drawing/drafting ability and aptitude for mathematics.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to effectively convey technical concepts and program information verbally and in writing.
- Sales or other customer-facing experience.
- A commitment to and enthusiasm for energy efficiency.
- Proficiency with Windows-based computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus relevant post-high-school studies.
- Other combinations of education, training and experience will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- A valid driver’s license, clean driving record and the ability to travel daily to customers’ homes.
- Physically able to fulfill job functions, including lifting up to 50 lbs., carrying and climbing step ladders, entering attics, basements and crawlspaces, and using small tools and installation equipment.
- Able to pass criminal background and drug screening tests.
- BPI professional certification(s) or RESNET Home Energy Rater certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive wages
- Health Care - United HealthCare, Delta Dental and Vision Service Plan
- Paid holidays, Paid Vacation, and sick time
- Employer-paid Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Employer-paid Life and AD&D insurance; access to short and long-term disability insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement and more!
Thielsch Engineering, Inc. is an E-Verify participant and will conduct background investigations and pre-employment screening of candidates for employment Pre-employment activities will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of a job offer.
Thielsch Engineering, Inc. is an employee-owned company and an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
THIELSCH ENGINEERING INC.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at THIELSCH ENGINEERING INC.