BioTechs Crime & Scene Cleaning Services has an immediate opening and is actively seeking candidates for the position of crime scene cleaning technician. If you enjoy working with your hands, solving problems, don’t mind working in personal protective gear, and want an opportunity for growth within your job, then this position is for you.
Your position as part of the BioTechs team is important to the families that we assist during one of the most difficult times in their lives. You play a vital role in providing discreet, compassionate, and caring services for the families we assist. Families need us to respond immediately so your availability is key to securing employment.
Biohazard cleanup can be challenging work that requires technicians to sometimes wear full face respirators. Per OSHA guidelines, no facial hair is permitted.
We are looking for individuals that want to make this a career choice with potential for advancement to lead technician. You must be reliable, dependable, and available.
We need solid people that want to grow with us, learn and advance quickly! Last year we promoted a crime scene technician to Lead technician after he proved his leadership skills and attention to detail, with strong work ethic and drive…this could be YOU!
In Office wage is $9.00/hour.
Non-Hazard wage is $12.00/hour.
BioHazard wage is $15.00 to $18.00 depending on experience with potential to increase to $25 per hour with annual raises
· A BioTechs crime scene cleaning technician is responsible for delivering compassionate cleaning services following OSHA guidelines to properly disinfect a scene. Good organizational and computer skills are required to fulfill office job requirements.
· Conduct biohazard cleaning services for various types of scenes including but not limited to; suicides, homicides, decompositions, hoarding, scabies, etc.
· Housekeeping (general labor)
· Drive van with 16’ trailer
· Outdoor services (lawn, tool shed)
· Vehicle maintenance
· Maintain supply and equipment inventory on Excel spreadsheets
· Participate in company events/functions
· Maintain exceptional customer service skills.
· Mechanically inclined
· A team player and fit in well with BioTechs crew
· Pay close attention to detail
· Present him/herself well
· Previous laboring or physical experience is preferred
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
· Must be able to be on call nights and/or weekends
· Must have reliable transportation to get to our office (work vehicles provided to arrive at job site)
· Must have working cell phone
· No facial hair is permitted
· This position would have supervision from Lead technician
· This position requires working outdoors in the elements and may include working at heights
· Must be physically fit to wear required respirator mask
· Must be able to work in confined spaces
· Must be able to work with full PPE equipment, at all times
· Must be able to work long hours, in any type of work condition
*** PLEASE, IF YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO BE ON-CALL NIGHTS/WEEKENDS, DO NOT APPLY. WE WANT LONG-TERM EMPLOYEES WHO ARE AVAILABLE TO ASSIST FAMILIES WHEN NEEDED.