Softlines Product Development & Sourcing Spec
The Paper Store is committed to being the premier destination for all our customer’s gift-giving needs. Our mission is to share our passion for The Paper Store with each customer, during each visit, by going above and beyond their expectations for both selection and service.
The Softlines Product Development & Sourcing Specialist’s job will be to develop and execute private label product from concept through production; partner with cross-functional teams including buyers, managers, graphic designers, and factories overseas; and to ensure the timely shipment of quality, trend-right product.
- Be a TPS brand ambassador
- Bring new products to market through market research, product research, pricing, competitive analysis, and timeline management
- Manage development process from design inception, product development through sourcing, and price negotiation and commercialization for a broad range of softlines apparel and fashion accessory classes
- Utilize existing relationships with overseas factories capable of producing quality merchandise to meet our requirements
- Have working knowledge of overseas logistics
- Ability to identify and source key items/classifications in open market goods
- Ensure styling details and product standards are clearly communicated and understood by agents and vendors. Facilitate problem resolution in a timely manner
- Manage and spec all packaging requirements for products to maximize store presentation
- Oversee QA process at the factory level in addition to when the product arrives domestically
- Review all submits received from vendors for compliance to standards. Communicate technically achievable direction to the vendors on how to correct color, components, and samples
- Monitor delivery and production flow according to time and action deadlines. Monitor WIP with agents and vendors to ensure on time delivery for all programs
- Update the status of multiple projects, anticipating problems and devising solutions
- Develop strong working relationships with internal Buying team and external contacts
- Continually research Color & Trend information
- Knowledge of competitive products/brands in the apparel and fashion accessory markets
- Willing and available to travel, including overseas
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Merchandising, Business, Finance or a related field
- Must be knowledgeable in manufacturing of textiles and garment production
- Experience in retail or catalog is desirable. Knits and sweater experience is a plus.
- Minimum of 3+ years Product Development in the apparel fashion merchandising industry
- PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate programs, analyze and interpret data
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast pace environment
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and handle deadlines
- Ability to work 3+ days/week at the Corporate Office in Acton, MA
- Professional presentation in attire, demeanor, and appearance
The Paper Store is an equal-opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law.
We are looking to hire a full time Softlines Product Development & Sourcing Specialist, based out of the TPS Corporate Office in Acton, MA!
THE PAPER STOREActon, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.