- Posted: 10 days ago
The Paper Store is committed to being the premiere destination for all of our customer’s gift-giving needs. Our mission is to share our passion for The Paper Store with each customer, during each visit, by going above and beyond their expectations for both selection and service. Sales Associates are responsible for delivering world class service, achieving sales goals and maintaining merchandising standards in a fun and fast paced retail environment. . Sales Associates report directly to the Store Team Leader and other members of management.
Sales associates are responsible for providing customers with a unique shopping experience by utilizing the G.U.E.S.T. service approach. Sales Associates responsibilities also include following company guidelines when ringing up customers at the POS, processing new product, stocking shelves, recovery of the sales floor, and cleaning throughout the store.
- Act as a TPS Champion by modeling the G.U.E.S.T. service approach, and consistently delivering World Class Service
- Greet and welcome every customer warmly and with enthusiasm
- Understand customer needs by asking open-ended questions
- Explain product features and benefits in relation to the customers’ needs by providing in-depth product knowledge
- Suggest additional items to build onto sales by utilizing effective selling techniques
- Thank the customer sincerely and invite them to return and shop with us again
- Be a TPS brand ambassador
- Build customer loyalty by being friendly, attentive and respectful of customers
- Contribute to a positive work environment with respectful, ethical behavior and honest communication, demonstrating professionalism at all times.
- Professional presentation in attire, demeanor, appearance and compliance to company dress code
- Support all sales efforts and initiatives across all business channels in an effort to maximize company sales
- Consistently capture accurate and valid customer information at the POS
- Maintain awareness of all current promotions and process them correctly at the Point of Sale
- Enthusiastically participate in training and development as required utilizing all training resources
- Prepare incoming product for the sales floor by following instruction and guidance from supervisors
- Merchandise product following company visual guidelines and visual standards
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of computers, systems and programs relevant to the position
- Maintain store maintenance and cleanliness standards
- Complete all other tasks as directed by store management in assigned time frame
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Previous experience in specialty retail is preferred, but not required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to multitask while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Possess an ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and POS Systems
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Professional conduct, demeanor and attire, in compliance with company dress code
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items up to 50 lbs., while utilizing appropriate safety techniques
The Paper Store is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law.
Sales Associate position. Part time. Flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
THE PAPER STORE
BusinessView all jobs at THE PAPER STORE